Thread: Import glut libraries in eclipse

Import glut libraries in eclipse

Hello,
    I will wish to get into the programs opengl under eclipse, I have used for some electronics. I code in Linux but I wish I could also code on windows. The only problem is that I can not find a way to import the glut libraries in eclipse. I do not compile very well the history of the compilation of libraries under Linux. So if a any person could tell me how to import these famous libraries on windows, it would be great.

Re: Import glut libraries in eclipse

Hello,
    For Linux, you must also import the development packages of the libraries that you want to use, search for "dev glut" in your package manager, you will find them. Then you must tell the build process what libraries you use, if you call gcc (even through a makefile) you must add lglut (it's a lowercase L) where something like that, so general to add the library is libtoto.so ltoto with gcc. If you use a project manager in the project options you should have an option of the linker in which you tell him what specific libraries you use.

Hello,
    I am sorry, but I have not completely understood. You tell me to install the glut package (the dev) with the Synaptic package installer, and then from there I do not understand very well. Are you telling me how to compile? and I do not understand very well the history of the linker. Except for windows that I do not know.

Hi,
    All compilers work the same, they must be told which libraries to use when editing link. If you do not know what it is publishing a link, I highly recommend you document the above. So to tell the linker what libraries to use bash. It depends on the linker used, see the environment that manages the compilation for you. Since I do not know eclipse, I do not know in detail how the set. But I am confident that under Linux, it uses GCC as compiler.
    So two solutions:
    - eclipse-is completely and automatically manages the process of compiling from source files that you add to your project, in which case you must also clear its library, certainly through the configuration options for your project, something that must called "linking".
    - or you manage yourself all that, certainly through a makefile, in which case we must add the flag-lglut when editing link.

Hello,
    I'm on my laptop with linux. So I put the package gnat, Eclipse with the package manager. I opened a new C project I went to the property. I went into the project and paths in the library tab I added the file / usr / lib / glut.so. to make the project tab and make set-builder I lglut to make. I wrote this code after a tutorial:
    # include <GL/glut.h>
    int main (int argc, char ** argv)
    {
    / * Initialize OpenGL * /
    glClearColor (0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0);
    / * We pass through 3 pixels for clarity * /
    glPointSize (3.0);
    }
    And the console gives me
    make all-lglut
    make: *** No rule to make target `all '. Off.

Hello,
    I never said put-in option lglut , but at the time of gcc or it is linking. Just try it, if it is not installing then reinstall eclipse, that is install it with a fresh copy. Remember to take the back up of the files before uninstalling it. Or check it the libraries which you downloaded are not corrupted or download them once again, so that you can import them in your eclipse IDE.