Thread: Connecting to internet using Nokia 5130

Connecting to internet using Nokia 5130

I have a Nokia 5130 Xpress music mobile and it is internet enable phone. I want to connect to internet with this to my PC. Please suggest me how can I do this? I lost my cable and want connect to my PC with internet facility. I have some space related problem, I installed PC suit in my PC and it is taking so much space of my hard disk Please suggest me the solution.

Re: Connecting to internet using Nokia 5130

Before doing anything collect all of things that you have with your mobile phone (Nokia 5130 Xpress Music). To be connect to the internet with this model you need to install a software "PC suit " that will help you to connect with internet. The following thing you must have for internet surfing:

- Data Cable (Provided by Manufacturer)
    - Software Disk (Provided by Manufacturer)

If you don't have disk then you need to download PC suit from the official site of NOKIA and connect your cable to PC with mobile phone .It will show you an icon like "Nokia PC suit " just click on that and you can access the stored content of your mobile phone and choose another utility to connect to internet and if you GPRS is already activated then after 10 second you would be automatically prompted to use the internet.

If you don't have the cable of your PC and you have lost that. Don't worry about that ,I this case you must have the bluetooth facility on your mobile phone just ready to connect with your PC and then access internet .

The following are the guidelines :
    1. Make sure your Nokia device supports Bluetooth connectivity or not.If yes then Activate bluetooth service on your device.
    2. Activate your bluetooth on your PC also.
    3. Now a mobile icon shown on the right of your task bar click on that,
    4. A colorful dialog box would appear on the screen click on "connect to your phone" a wizard will ask you which type of connection you want .
    5. click on the bluetooth connection and press next
    6. select one of your detected device from the list and click next
    7. Enter passcode of your choice and click next

after sometime your device will ask you about passcode, enter the same passcode that you have entered earlier and click finish to close the wizard and you can connect to the internet now.

The PC suit software takes only 300MB space of your computer system.If it is taking so much space then uninstall it first and install it again ,if it is taking so more than 300MB then you need to download the Nokia PC suit cleaner from the Nokia Official site and install.
    It removes all the unnecessary component of Nokia PC suit and registry data remains on your PC after uninstalling your PC Suit.
    It runs on only Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Vista. In Windows 2000, support is restricted for PC Suite versions 6.83 and 6.86.
    If you don't have administrator password ,can't use this application.