Thread: I have a problem with my web cam

question I have a problem with my web cam

I cannot even figure this darn thing out. I plug in the web cam and i hear the cluck noise my laptop makes when i plug in a device.-it is a IBM think Pad, window XP.- and then i try to do anything like YIM or aol the computer acts like the web cam isnt even there. I honestly dont even know if it is installed. i have no idea what is going on and have no idea how to fix it...? any ideas?

Re: I have a problem with my web cam

Hi friend,

It seems that you web cam might be faulty and because of that you are getting this type of trouble. I think you should try your web cam with other computer system and check if it is showing same problem or not. If you are getting same problem over another computer also then definitely you need to replace your web cam and other than this I don't think that you have another option to solve this issue.

Re: I have a problem with my web cam

Actually you should have mentioned which model of web cam you are using it. And would advice you to check weather all the drivers needed by the web cam are installed properly on or not.(check in device manager). After updating or re-installing of drivers is done, reboot the computer ad also unplug-plug the web cam. Hope your problem will get solve soon.