Thread: How to Share One Outlook Email account between Two users?

How to Share One Outlook Email account between Two users?

I and my brother are using the same system having the Windows Vista as my operating system. I want to have setup as a separate user and can't figure out how to make it possible for each of us to use the emails with Outlook 2007. Is it possible to Share One Outlook Email account between Two users?? Please tell me the solutions.!!
    "All gave some, some gave all."

Re: How to Share One Outlook Email account between Two users?

I have tried to do the same thing in Outlook 2003, since you are looking for Outlook 2007 I think that same thing can help you (very rare chance). Here are the steps :
    • From the Tools menu choose the Rules Wizard.
    • Then click on New. In the dialog that comes up, choose the "Start from a blank rule" option. "Check messages when they arrive" should be preselected.
    • Click on Next. Choose the option "with specific words in the recipient's address". Click on the underlined "specific words", type (e.g.) abc.com, click Add and then OK.
    • Then select "move to specified folder". Click the underlined word "specified" and specify the folder.
    • If you want to add any exceptions you can add in this step. Then click next.
    • Name the rule and click Finish.
    This worked on Outlook 2003.

You can try this for sharing one Outlook Email account between two users :
    • Open the Outlook. Then Click on File select Data File Management.
    • Then select the Personal Folders, click open folder, and write down the location of this folder. (The default for outlook data files is:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\USER-NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook)
    • Then Log out of that user and log into the other windows account that you want to share outlook with.
    • Again click on File and select Data File Management.
    • After that select Personal Folders, click open folder, and write down the location of this folder.
    • Click on Add and then browse to the location you wrote down and select the proper data file.
    • After selecting click on Close.
    Hope this will help you to share the Outlook Email Account.

I think that you can also share the Outlook Email account by going to the following settings. First go to the Tools. In tools click the Account Settings tab. In that click on the option Change. In the change options you will find the button of More Settings. Click on that. Then press the Advanced Tab. Here you can set the sharing of the Outlook Email account. I think this is what you were looking for..!!

I would like to suggest you that make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for a pst-file. You can also locate the file by using the field Filename. You can see this in the Right click the root folder>> Properties>> button Advanced. For accessing both the users, Cut and copy the Outlook Data file to a data location. Then start the outlook in your account, it will complain about missing data file. Then browse to and select the data file you just moved. Click OK and then restart the application. Doing this you can able to share the Email Accounts.