Thread: Outlook 2003 Repeated Network Password Prompt

Outlook 2003 Repeated Network Password Prompt

I am having very strange problem with my Outlook 2003. I have checked the box for remember my password, when I set up my email account in Outlook 2003. However, it frequently pops up the prompt to Enter the Network Login Password. This doesn't happen in other systems. The password is already there in asterisks in the prompt, so I hit OK. I have to keep hitting the OK many times which is really irritating. That doesn't help, so I have to click on Cancel. This prompt also appears when I am sending something over an IM. Please help me soon..!!!
    ~HARE KRISHNA HARE RAM~

Re: Outlook 2003 Repeated Network Password Prompt

Several times it happens that your password is not retained even though you chose to save the password when you connect to your Internet service provider (ISP) to retrieve messages from a Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) server. Also when you try to enter the correct password again does not resolve the issue. Such types of issues may occur for one or more of the following reasons :
    • Mainly if you have a corrupted Outlook profile or a corrupted Outlook Express identity.
    • The registry contains incorrect information for the Protected Storage System Provider subkey for the user account in Windows XP.
    • There are also chances of getting such errors when conflicts occur with the add-ins or with antivirus software.
    Try to avoid these steps and the problem can be solved..

I think that creating a new Outlook Profile may resolve your problem. After creating the new Profile, there would not be Repeated Network Password Prompt. After creating new profile, configure the new profile to use the personal folders (.pst) file that was used by the damaged profile. Follow the steps to locate the .pst file :
    • Start Outlook.
    • Click Options from the Tools menu.
    • Then click Data Files from the Mail Setup tab.
    • Note the path and the file name for each .pst file that is associated with your e-mail profile.
      Mainly it would be at location C:\Documents and Settings\ user-name \Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Personal Folders(1).pst

After locating the .pst file I think that you have to Create a new e-mail profile in Outlook. After creating the new profile, Configure the new profile to use the .pst file that was used by the damaged profile. You can do this by following the steps :
    • Start Outlook.
    • Click Options on the Tools menu.
    • Click E-mail accounts on the Mail Setup tab, click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
    • Click New Outlook Data File, under Types of storage click Personal Folders file (.pst) and then click OK.
    • Locate and then click the .pst file that you want to use, and then click OK.
    After doing this your problem should be solved.

You can also Create a new Outlook Express identity. Follow the steps to create a new Outlook Express identity :
    • After opening the Outlook Express, on File Menu, point to Identities, and then click Add New Identity. You can also point to Identities, click Manage Identities, and then click New. The New Identity dialog box will open.
    • In the Type Your name box, type your name.
    • Click to select the Require Password check box if you want to set a password for this identity, and then click OK.
    • Click Yes in the Identity Added dialog box. Outlook Express asks whether you want to log on as a new user.

You will be prompted for information about your Internet connection, if you click Yes. And the current user remains logged on if you click No.

If you want to know where the problem is residing I would recommend you to start the Excel in the Safe Mode. After starting in the safe Mode, Click on the Start. And then click on Run. In the open Box of the Run, type outlook.exe and then click OK. If outlook is running properly in the safe mode than there are chances that issue is caused by a third-party service that is working with Outlook. The third-party service can be add-ins, antivirus software, or firewalls. Try to uninstall that and then do the reinstallation of the application. Doing this will fix your problem.