Thread: Playing ISO files in Windows 7

Playing ISO files in Windows 7

Hello everyone. I have recently moved to Windows 7 and i have quite lot of trouble with my old backups. I have archived my backup into ISO files and Alcohol 120% doesn't seem to work with Windows 7. I have Windows 7 32-bit and i see no way to open and play my ISO backups. Can anyone suggest me a way of Playing ISO files in Windows 7 32bit?

Re: Playing ISO files in Windows 7

ISO files are disk image files, you can use any Disk Image software to extract the files from he ISO archive. Well i guess you might be familiar with a lot of software. There are some software like Nero, MagicISO, UltraISO and ISO Buster that work for Windows 7. I think you just need to find out which version of those software is compatible with Windows 7 and accordingly buy the software...

I had this same problem with my computer when i first switched to Windows 7. But what i did was a dual boot and hence XP could run ISO files. So i extracted the ISO files from Windows XP and then used it on Windows 7. This is how i got around this problem. Do you have Windows XP on your computer still? Or did you do a fresh install of Windows 7? I hope this gives you some idea...

I would recommend you to download and use Windows XP Mode in Windows 7. This would let you run your Windows XP compatible softwares from within Windows 7. Also you can try some software like MagicISO and UltraISO, both are compatible with Windows 7. Also UltraISO has integrated Image Drive support if you intend to use that too. But its not a free version, so try it out the trial version first which is available from its official website and if you feel its worth it, you can buy it...

Thanks for those suggestions. I have downloaded VirtualBox instead of something else. Now i came to know that it is a software similar to VMWare. So is there any way to use it to extract files? Any idea?

Well, yes, you can use VirtualBox, but then it is too long process, like install Windows XP first then install the desired software, share a folder, extract files to that folder, copy it to Windows 7 and then use it. The same process is for Windows XP mode. I would recommend you to use Windows XP Mode...