Thread: Find Office 2003 Product key on external hard drive

I used to have office 2003 on a HP Vista laptop. Installed OEM so I dont have a product key printed out.

When my motherboard crashed, I bought a Windows 7 machine.

I am trying to get the product key to my old machine using the old harddrive as an external drive.

I cannot find out how to locate this key.

When I try to run regedit, it keeps showing me my existing registry to the new machine.

Re: Find Office 2003 Product key on external hard drive

You are trying to find the registration key on the external hard drive that you are having and you have the setup file of the Microsoft office on this external hard drive itself. You are not able to find that file. May be this file is hidden that is why you are not able to find the Key file of the Microsoft office 2003 on this external hard drive. Go to the my computer, select the tools select folder options. go to the view tab and enable the hidden folders. Now you will be able to see the registration key of the Microsoft office 2003.

Re: Find Office 2003 Product key on external hard drive

OEMs usually use a different key than yours to install the software. You must use yours not the one used at the factory. I think you can use Keyfinder utility on your system. Keyfinder Thing is a small and simple freeware utility to decrypt, retrieve and recover serial numbers, CD keys, product keys, VLKs, or registration keys from more than 150 various Microsoft application products and non-Microsoft software titles. Ot the best way is to call Microsoft Customer / tech support. They will give you a new product key and will help you install office.