Thread: Create PDF in MAC OS X

Create PDF in MAC OS X

Hi,
    How to create a PDF file in MAC OS X.I have to send some mails and I do not have a pdf application in my mac. I also does not have a net connection on it so that I can download the same. It there any option available in the MAC system to create a pdf files. Second thing how to check or find out the size of the hard drive or DVD in this. I want to burn a disc and then check the size to see weather the data is on it or not.

Re: Create PDF in MAC OS X

On Windows, create a PDF requires the use of a software or a service site specific. Under Mac OS X PDF creation can be accomplished directly from the system and that, for any printable document. To do this, use the print command of the software that created the document. When you select and File, Print, you see in the dialog a PDF button. Open it. You then see a menu full of options devoted to the creation of PDF files.

You does not need a pdf tool to create a .pdf file in MAC. The option is included in it. You can go in the print command. The first option in here is that you use most frequently. It creates a PDF that takes into account all the pages of the document. By default, it is placed in the Documents folder. Make saving a PDF file using this option. If you then open this file, it appears in the preview and you can scroll through the pages as a PDF file classic.

In the submenu of the PDF print menu, another option can also be useful. Like you want to send the file in mail then send the PDF document by e-mail makes the conversion and then opens a message with Mail in which it is placed in PDF attachment. If you choose Save PDF to Web Receipts folder, then you will find in this sub-menu folder Documents (Web Receipts) which may facilitate the identification of such PDF files on the disk.

If you want to know more accurate devices to your computer: size hard drive, type of recorder DVD, video card, etc. Then here is the way. Click the Apple menu at the top and left of the screen and then click About This Mac. Then click the option More info. Now you can see on left column a list of items related to software, peripherals and network. You can show what programs open at startup, knowing the memory of the video card, the port speed Firewire, etc

You can burn a disc in MAC by using iTunes. The other way is click on System Preferences and select the CD and DVD in Hardware. For options to insert a blank CD and blank DVD, select Open Finder. Now, insert a CD or DVD disc into the drive of the Mac. Open the window corresponding to the icon of the disk on the desktop. Then move the folder containing the information you want to burn your CD or DVD, then drag the file to disk. Shortcuts appear in the window to indicate like elements. Once you're done, click Burn. Beware, the final disc will play on another Mac (or on a PC) but not on an audio CD player.