Thread: Error 1305 Setup cannot read file while Installing Microsoft Office 11

Error 1305 Setup cannot read file while Installing Microsoft Office 11

I am getting the Error message when trying to load the Microsoft Office 11. The error stats "Setup cannot read file. Check your connection to the network, or CD-ROM1033 drive." I am using the Windows XP as my operating system. Also the Error code is 1305. Is there any problem with my CD-ROM or the LAN connection?? I have done setup before but never got this error message.!! Please help me to sort out this error.!!
    "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... I will fear no evil." -Psalms 23

K8N Diamond Plus (BIOS v1.2)
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    Antec TruControl 550W
    NVidia GeForce 7900GT (NGO v1.8466 BETA)
    OCZ Platinum 2x1GB (2-3-2-5)
    SATA: WD740
    PATA: 2xWD2500, WD1200, NEC DVD/RW

Re: Error 1305 Setup cannot read file while Installing Microsoft Office 11

I think that some file is corrupted that is presented in your setup CD. For checking the exact issue you can try to install the Office 11 to another system if possible. Even there it is not getting installed then there is certainly issue of the corrupted file presented on the CD. You will have to change the source of the setup files. Otherwise if you came to know the exact files that are been corrupted, then you can download that specific file from the Internet. By doing this also, your problem will get fixed.

Is your disk having any visible deformation or substantial scratches ?? The Error 1305 gets generated when some specific files are not able to copied during the setup process. Also try to clean the program CD-ROM or DVD. For cleaning the CD-ROM gently wipe the silver side of the CD-ROM with a soft, lint-free cotton cloth from the center of the CD-ROM outward. This is proper way to clean the CD-ROM otherwise there are chances of getting the CD-ROM more damaged.

If your problem is persisting even after the Disk checkup then might there is some software that is not letting the setup of Office to install properly. Then try to quit such applications. Many times the programs like antivirus, firewall or anti-crash software causes the issues. So try to stop such processes. Also try to quit all the visible programs running at the backend. You can do this by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Del and starting the taskbar window. You have to just end the running program. If any program other than Microsoft Explorer is listed, click the program, and then click Remove. After finishing this try to run the Office Setup again. Hope that this time it will get properly installed.

I was having the similar problem and I managed to fix that by reducing the Drive Caching. You can also try give a try. To reduce CD-ROM or DVD drive caching, follow the steps :
    • Click on the Start button and select the Control Panel.
    • Now open the System option by double-clicking on that and then click on the Performance tab. Select the File System.
    • Move the Supplemental Cache Size slider to Small from the CD-ROM or DVD tab.
    • Then click on the No Read-Ahead in the Optimize Access Pattern For box.
    • Then click OK to save settings and then close.
    • If you are prompted for system restart, click Yes and let the system restart.
    After restarting the system try to install the Office Setup.