Thread: Ubuntu- slow window with grayed frame

Ubuntu- slow window with grayed frame

Hello,
    Here is my problem:
    When a user needs to perform an action on file in seeking access to the file explorer (eg open an image in gimp via the menu or record a video from Firefox in the Video folder), the program Grays, the system slows down but hangs and I have to wait a minute (that long one minute) before a return to normal. I feel (not sure) that this problem has appeared since I wanted to install video drivers through more recent sources that I can compile. If you could help me it would be very nice.

Re: Ubuntu- slow window with grayed frame

Hello,
    I have exactly the same problem since today. The access does not take but one minutes thirty seconds. It is still enormous for a Quad Core 9300 2.5 GHz 6GB RAM. I have not found a solution yet. If any one knows the answer to this question, it would be great since I am being looking for this for a long time now.

Hello
    It is true that with 6 MB of ram it might only slightly wink, Of course I understood the 6gb, hope that our problem resolves itself quickly. Because I know how difficult it is to be with such and operating system, though I do not think this is the behavior of the operating system , instead some of the files may be corrupt.

Hello,
    Nobody has an idea? I do not know if it's related, but very randomly, I have the keyboard that can also have problems with slowness. Is this some thing that is related to the buffer values. I do not know, but now a days even my keyboard is become less responsive. Do you guys have any ideas about this, if you have one then please do post so that I can get rid of this problem very soon. Thank you for your help.

Hi,
    I have obviously the same problem as you. Randomly (or at least I do not understand what the cause). Freeze between 30 seconds and 1 minutes, the screen goes gray. The mouse moves but nothing else.
    Still you have the same problem? Apparently, when these delays occur, I have in / var / log / syslog:
    sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: enabled, read cache: enabled, does not support DPO or FUA
    Apparently this is a problem of disk management. I have read several things about it but never found a solution to my problem.

Hi,
    I feel like I have the same problem too. I also have the message
    sd 1:0:1:0: [sdb] Write cache: enabled, read cache: enabled, does not support DPO or FUA
    But especially when I have these gray screens, the activity LED of HD is on continuously . This would suggest a problem of access to records. And once it's spent all works very well and very empty. No problems reading the HD video. For info, my drives are formatted EXT4: Is what it could have a role? Is that a solution has been found yet for this?