Thread: Error code C00D1249 while updating Zune software

Error code C00D1249 while updating Zune software

Hi,

I had connected the zune to my vista pc and I tried update the firmware but nothing happened. I disconnect it and tried again, the same message "error code C00D1249" and still no solution and that the firmware update does not work here (it's a manufacturing problem and no way to correct it). If anyone has found the solution for the same problem ???

Re: Error code C00D1249 while updating Zune software

Click the Back button the Zune at the same time as you press both the left side of the Zune platform and the center of the Zune platform. Keep pressing these buttons until your Zune device restarts and Please wait message will appear on the screen. After connecting Zune to your PC, connect your Zune the computer that has the current Zune software, then update the device with the current Zune device software.

Error code C00D1249 is displayed if the Zune device entered self-recovery mode while it was trying to update. Additionally, you may receive the following message on the Zune device:

On your PC, open the Zune software and restore the Zune device firmware
    To resolve this problem, connect the Zune device to the computer again, and then try to update the software on the Zune device.

I'm running Windows Xp and I cannot update my Zune. When I plug my Zune receive the following message: "You must update your device before you can use it." When I click install to update the device, appears: "The device has not been updated. Summary of error: The device was not updated. Error Code: C00D1249. How can I get through this? Help please.

To remove Error code C00D1249, try to restore the Zune device software, by follow the bellow steps:

1. Set the Hold Switch to unlocked.
    2. Hold down the Back button, while press and hold the top of the filling Zune. When the Zune device begins to turn, release the buttons.
    3. Immediately after releasing the buttons in step 2, press and hold the following combination of buttons, depending on the model of Zune:
    "If you have the Zune 4 GB, Zune 8 GB, the Zune 16GB, the Zune 80 GB or 120 GB Zune, immediately press and hold the Back button while pressing the Zune Filling and Play / Pause button. Keep holding these buttons until your Zune device restarts and "Please Wait" appears on the screen.

"If you have the Zune 30 GB, immediately hold down the Back button while pressing both the left side of the Zune and center filler panel Zune. Keep holding these buttons until your Zune device restarts and "Please Wait" appears on the screen.

Note : Clear Contents. Wait appears, followed by "Connect Zune to your computer.

I did this on my zune 30 and it went into "Clearing contents. Please wait."
    I could hear the HDD indexing for a while, then it went silent ( if I put my ear to it I can hear the hum of the disc turning) and reamined in the Clearing contents screen. Any suggestions?