Thread: Old Forest is still being looked for? How do I change to start on the New Forest. Server2008

Old Forest is still being looked for? How do I change to start on the New Forest. Server2008

A: I uninstalled the DNS so I could change Domain Name. But now it still looks the old forest naming rather then the new one I created.

Old Forest is still being looked for? How do I change to start on the New Forest. Server2008

B: Is there a way to change Register in the Bios of the Domain namings..???

Re: Old Forest is still being looked for? How do I change to start on the New Forest. Server2008

To perform this procedure, you must be logged on as the local Administrator for the computer. In the Windows Server 2008 version of DCPROMO, when you install a new domain in a new forest, you are prompted for the function level of your choice. Depending on the operating system installation options that were selected for the computer, the local Administrator password might be blank or it might not be required. Therefore, it may very well be that a brand new installation of Active Directory will not hold the "default" domain or forest function levels. In this case, run the following command at a command prompt before you start to install AD DS: net user Administrator <password>/passwordreq:yes Try to replace <password> with a strong password.

Re: Old Forest is still being looked for? How do I change to start on the New Forest. Server2008

I uninstalled everything and started over. I created a new dns and forest.
    But the system still looks for the older forest name rather then the new.

bahh i dont get it? I'm almost finished but this little problem.

A DNS server running Windows Server 2008 loads zone data stored in AD DS in the background while it (re)starts, so that it can respond immediately to requests for data from other zones. Note that domains that are set to the domain functional level of Windows Server 2003 will automatically be raised to Windows Server 2008 at the same time that the forest functional level is raised to Windows Server 2008. When you install AD DS, you have several new options, both in the Active Directory Domain Services Installation Wizard and when you perform an unattended installation at the command line. Because the DNS Server service is RFC compliant and it can use standard DNS data file and resource record formats, it can work successfully with most other DNS server implementations, such as DNS implementations that use the Berkeley Internet Name Domain (BIND) software.

Thank you both for the advice. I will look into it right away.