Thread: Change the saving format in openoffice

Change the saving format in openoffice

Hi,
    I am not so sure about Open Office. But I am working on the same from last week. I need some options to configure it properly. First a user has sent a file which has a Macro in it. If does not do anything the application closes. How to stop it from being running. Second thing how can I change the default format it which open office saves it documents. Are there any hidden Easter eggs in open office. The last thing I want to some options needed to convert a various file format.

Re: Change the saving format in openoffice

It is simple to change the default format for saving documents in Open office. Click on Tools Menu then go to the Options. Now under options look for Load / Registration. This will be located on the left menu. Then click on General. Now you can see here File Format Default option. You can now specify the type of format for each document. This can be restored later by the same procedure.

The macros that select the successive leaves or cells that activate / deactivate various objects can cause a flickering effect on the screen. A solution (except that of avoiding selections in macros) is to freeze the screen during the course of the macro. This is equivalent to ScreenUpdating = False in VBA. To activate this option, place the following line at the beginning of the case: ThisComponent . LockControllers. To disable this option at the end of the case: ThisComponent . UnlockControllers

Yes there are some hidden easter eggs in Open Office. You can simple access it by the below suggestions. In Writer, enter the word StarWriterTeam and then press the F3 key. In Calc, enter the formula = STARCALCTEAM () in a cell. A game of noughts and crosses in Calc : Enter the formula = GAME (E10: G12; "TicTacToe"), eg A1. The game is set in the range that you named (E10: G12). A game of Space Invaders in Calc : Enter the formula = GAME ( "StarWars") in a cell.

In order to convert a vast files to different format lets take an example of converting from 1.x to 2.x. In version 1.x, text documents were created in. Sxw and workbooks in. Sxc. These formats are still used in version 2.x but you can also convert formats. Odt and. Ods which are the new OpenDocument standard: Formatted Text (. Odt) application / vnd.oasis.opendocument.text. For Spreadsheet (. Ods) application / vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet. For Presentation (. Odp) application / vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation. For Drawing (. Odg) application / vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics. And for Database (. Odb) application / vnd.oasis.opendocument.database. Now this are the actual formats. I hope if you try to convert this and fails then you files may not work.

Here is a simple way which exist under open office for conversion to a new format. For this click on File Menu > Wizards > Document Converter. Then select the document types to convert. Now check the StarOffice, then Text Documents and Folders. After that click Next. Uncheck or check the options you need in the new window and set the various data fields. The Import from is the folder containing the files to convert. The setup window appears again if you choose to convert multiple file types (text documents and folders). Give Next and launch the convert operation.