Thread: Unable to remove Adobe Flash plug-in

Unable to remove Adobe Flash plug-in

I am having a Windows Vista system at home. It is working fine but here i am having a problem with Adobe Flash. Due to some reason i just want to remove Adobe Flash plug-in form computer but when i am trying to remove it from control panel, it just won't remove. I don't know why as it is not giving me any error as well.

Do you guys have any idea why is this happening? Please let me know too. Thanks for all your help..

Re: Unable to remove Adobe Flash plug-in

Yeah, thats right . You won't be able to remove Adobe Flash plug-in normally as we do from Windows control panel and this is due to the recent enhancements to the Adobe Flash Player installers from the manufacturer's side. To remove or uninstall this you need a tool called as Adobe Flash Player uninstaller

If you are Internet explorer user than after running this program you may need to reboot your system inorder to clear all uninstalled Flash Player ActiveX control files.

Hey mate.. Thanks for your quick reply. I just downloaded this tool and when i am trying to run it,, my system getting freeze and stops responding..

So i just wanted to know is there any recommendation before or running this app ? Please help me out..

Yeah,, there are some thing that you need to do before running Adobe Flash Player uninstaller. You need to quit ALL running applications, including all Internet Explorer or other browser windows, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, or other Messengers. Check the Windows system tray carefully to make certain no applications are still in memory which might possibly use Flash Player.This will remove Adobe Flash Player from all browsers on the system.

If you have any instances of the player open in your web browsers, instant messaging clients, stand-alone SWFs, or projectors, then the uninstaller will complete but some files may not be deleted. If this occurs, then close all of your applications and run the uninstaller again to ensure that all files are removed.

Thanks for sharing this useful info mate.. I am a Mac Os user and also trying to uninstall Adobe Flash from my system. But i am also unable to do so.

Is this Adobe Flash Player uninstaller available for Mac as well ? If yes, please provide me the download link..

Yeaf, it is also available for Mac OS X. You can download Adobe Flash Player uninstaller from here. After downloading this file you may need to open or unstuff the .hqx file.