Thread: What makes a CD self-start?

What makes a CD self-start?

My query might be easy for you guys, but I am not able to solve that.. I have
    prepared a small photo session and I want that to burn on the CD and watch with my friends. Now I want to start that show when I insert the CD into the CD Drive. I also searched the option in the Nero 7.0 but was unable to find. I guess that there should be something to run the CD automatically. In short how
    can I create a self starting CD? Please help me to sort out the problem.
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core @ ~2.2 GHz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 200 GB
    Video Card: RADEON X300/X550 Series

Re: What makes a CD self-start?

I think that you should try this.
    Open the Notepad and type the following into that :
    [autorun]
    shellexecute=myfile.exe
    Then save this notepad file as autorun.inf and place it on the CD's main folder.
    Once you are over with this then You can give the name of your presentation file to the the myfile.exe.

There are also some application that can be useful in such scenarios. One that I know is the Autorun.inf Editor. The Autorun.inf Editor is a program that can be used to quickly and easily create autorun CD autorun.inf files. The basic thing to know is that an autorun.inf file is a required file when creating an autorun CD. When you insert the CD into the CD-Drive, the operating system looks for the autorun.inf file. This autorun.inf file provides the information how to "autoplay" the CD to the operating system. And hence the OS can autoplay the CD.

Also there are some freeware utility designed to assist in the creation of Autorun.inf files. Autorun.inf Maker is the good example of that. The Autorun.inf files allow the CD's you create to automatically launch an application when the CD is inserted in the CD player. the only simple thing you have to do is place
    the file you create with Autorun.inf maker in the root directory of your CD.

Even I think that you should use the Autorun.inf Editor instead of creating yourself. Because there are chances of having errors while creating the Notepad file and putting the exact codes needed for Autorun. so I would like to recommend you to use the program like Autorun.inf Editor which easily create autorun CD autorun.inf files.