Thread: What is the Automated File Transfer??

What is the Automated File Transfer??

I just heard that the I can do the Automated File Transfer. But I don't know how to set that. Also is there any standard secure file transfer tool for a windows environment? Please help me soon. I don't know much about the Automated File Transfer.

Re: What is the Automated File Transfer??

Here are some features of Automated File Transfer :
    • Multitasking between multiple sites: Connect to several FTP sites simultaneously and browse or transfer files. Each session is easily managed from within the same program.
    • Server to server transfers (FXP): Transfer files directly between remote servers without having to copy them to your local server.
    • FTP script support: Create and schedule FTP scripts for unattended recurring and one-time file transfers.

You are also looking for the secure file transfer tool which are available on the Internet. I would like to recommend you to go for JSCAPE Secure FTP Server. The key features of this server are :
    • Secure file transfer is paramount in protecting critical, confidential enterprise data from would-be intruders as the data is transmitted over the Internet.
    • It provides reliable and secure file transfers between internal and remote users, business partners and customers across corporate networks and the Internet.

Maybe you were looking for this..!!

You can Set Up an Automated File Transfer Using SecureFX's SFXCL and Windows Scheduler. Do the following steps to Setting Up A Scheduled Task :
    1. Click on the Start Button and go on clicking the options Programs\Accessories\System Tools\Scheduled Tasks command.
    2. Then Run the wizard "Add Scheduled Task".
    3. Then when the Browse option prompts, then Browse to Sfxcl.exe.
    4. At the end of the wizard, select "Open advanced properties for this task when I click Finish", then click "Finish".
    5. When the task Properties dialog appears, the "Run" field should show the full path to Sfxcl.exe.

I would like to suggest you to go for JaSFtp which is a standard secure file transfer tool for a windows environment.
    The following are the Key Features of JaSFtp :
    • Simple User Interface helps you transfer files interactively.
    • The tasks can be scheduled to run automatically, or can be run manually.
    • Zip files and directories using wildcards on a schedule.
    • Scheduler software is easy to use, yet has very powerful scheduling, tasking and automation capabilities.
    • Also Delete files on a schedule based on wildcards.

The selection of the standard secure file transfer tool for a windows environment depends upon you. I think that most of the file transfer tools got the same features, only one or two varies. So it's upto you to select the file transfer tool.