Thread: How to convert IEEE 1394 to Dynamic Disk

How to convert IEEE 1394 to Dynamic Disk

Is there a way by which I can create a Dynamic Disk Drive from a IEEE 1394 Device. Then what are the procedure to enable 48-bit LBA Support. This is for installing large hard drives on a Windows Vista computer. And if I have some extra partition how can I assign a different to each of them. At last I want to know that how can I turn on UDMA66 Mode for Intel chip set motherboards. This all settings needed to work from Windows Registry.

Convert an IEEE 1394 Device to a Dynamic Disk Drive (Windows XP)

You can convert the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers 1394 which is of a firewire disk drive to the dynamic disk drive with the help of tweak. You have to open registry. you have to create the DWORD value or change the value which is accessible. such as EnableDynamicConversionFor1394 and set it as a value data. Then you have to restart after coming out of the registry to see the change take place.

Enable 48-bit LBA Support for Large Hard Drives

In (Windows 2000/XP) Popular it Enable 48-bit LBA hold up for Large Hard Drives. By default the windows 2000 and XP had no hold up of 48-bit Logical Block Addressing to the drive which is larger than 137GB which is on the specification of ATA/ATAPI 6.0. You can download the free version of the tweak which can applied by WinGuides Tweak Manager. Create a DWORD value and change it to EnableBigLba.

Disable CD Burning (Windows XP) Popular

Popular (Windows XP) can Disable CD Burning. This constraint is used to disable the working of the inbuilt CD recording functions of Windows. This can be easily applied by the tweak with the help of using WinGuides Tweak Manager. You can also have the free free trail version of it. On the registry after you open you have to make the DWORD value and change it to NoCDBurning. Then you have to restart it.

Re: How to convert IEEE 1394 to Dynamic Disk

After you open the registry you have to see the key. If you do not see the key then you have to create it. In the main key you have to make a sub key. You have to modified the drive letter by a single letter. For example : [HKEY...\DriveIcons\D]. Then you have to create the another sub key which will be called as DefaultIcon.

Enable UDMA66 Mode on Intel Chipsets (Windows 2000/XP) Popular

The Intel chipset which hold up UDMA66 that run on your computer. On the Windows 2000 computers you will find that the UDMA66 mode is disabled by default. It can be enable and disable with the help of the tweak. You can have the trail version of it which is free. You have to open the registry and see the key. Then you have to create the key called EnableUDMA66 and set it as "1" to enable set it at "0" to disable it. Restart Windows for the change to take effect.

cutts007 Guest

Re: How to convert IEEE 1394 to Dynamic Disk

Some partition software supports to convert disk into different type. You can try some called paragon partition manager. As I know it can covert dynamic disk to basic disk. you can check other features.