Thread: Sending email periodically

Sending email periodically

Hello everyone,
    I want a tool that allows me to send a message periodically to the same address with always the same attachment (knowing that it is updated, of course). For example, I have a file: example.zip (which is generated every hour)
    And I want to send this file by e-mail to an e-mail. If there is a tool to do this please let me know. Thank you
    Last edited by Aaliya Seth; 31-12-2009 at 10:38 AM.

Re: Sending email periodically

Hello
    For this you can use Quick mail. You can customize this mail client as your needs, But I think this is not free but a license for 10 € is not death either if you're in the midst pro and I think that below 10mails day is free. If you are using a linux based operating system, then I think there a command to do it, not sure though,
    Code:
    crontab + mailx command line
    and you are done.

Hello
    Actually, I just have time to watch a little link pharaonix, and this tool does not send an e mail at regular time schedule period. I have reviewed all the settings it can take and there is nowhere the concept of periodicity. In its free version in any case (this would be my only one email per day, so no need to take the pay). And actually, I'm on Windows operating system.

Hi
    You can download a "sendmail" command line, for free, for windows like this:
    Code:
    sendmail
    Then you created a bat with the exact command line for your mail, example with this program:
    SendEmail test@example.com test2@example.com
    look using the program for details of options.
    Finally, you create a scheduled task with windows running your regular bat file.

Hello
    I use Quick mail, it is good mail client and customizable too. Some of its features are, QuickMail allows you to easily send emails from the command line. Just submit a list of parameters via a Batch or any other type of program. QuickMail sending attachments, sending messages from files, etc.. You can then you use e-mail as a warning system (for example, send an email when a backup is finished, that any problem occurs, etc. ...), so simple and effective.

Hi
    I try to do the same thing by sending emails from my gmail address. So I use the server smtp.gmail.com: 587. I arrived well, sent me an email with attachment, the problem is that in my bat, I am obliged to put my login and especially my password in the clear! Me, I do not really feel that the password appears in clear in a simple bat file. How do I correct here?
    Command line used for now:
    SendEmail -f test@gmail.com -t destination@hotmail.com -xu test@gmail.com -xp "password"-u "Subject of mail"-m "Message from the mail"-s smtp.gmail.com: 587-a "C: \ Tests.xls". Thank you in advance.