Thread: System Restore Unavailable in Windows 7

System Restore Unavailable in Windows 7

I have installed windows 7 on my computer last week and have noticed one thing which is very weird. Since the time i have installed Windows 7 my System Restore is not at all working. I have installed Windows 7 Home Premium and then later upgraded to Ultimate. When i came to know that system restore is not working so then I created a manual restore point. And then I made some changes to the system and noticed that the system restore I had created is gone now. It is no more.This system restore is on for C drive. Volume shadow copy is on/automatic. I doubt that system restore points are always removed when i restart the computer. Please help me out guys.

Re: System Restore Unavailable in Windows 7

First check if the services are properly Running and are On. Check that Volume Shadow Copy service is running and set on Automatic for system restore. If you have a 3rd party Defragmenters, then they can also create problems and delete your restore points if not configured properly.

I have the same problem as well. I upgraded from windows xp professional
    sp3 to windows 7 ultimate 32-bit and every time i shutdown-reboot my computer all the system restore points are missing/get deleted. Its weird I don't know how to fix it. I tried moving the slider for allocated space for restore points to 100% that's all 238.22GB of my hard drive and that works but the problem is it makes each restore point to big so your hard drive fills up too fast.
    Please help me out.

I think I might have found out the solution.
    Basically what i found out that in order to do a CLEAN install once u hit custom install when reformatting choose partition then hit drive options (advanced), then highlight partition u want to format then click "format" and then click next.
    And then there will be no problem with System Restore.