Thread: Turning a Recordset into table

Turning a Recordset into table

Hello,
    I began the development of an application in access. My goal is to go retrieve records in an Oracle database (I arrived so far so good) for inserting into a table from my application access.
    I created my table and I access my recordset containing the data from Oracle. The recordset and access the table have exactly the same number of fields and these fields are similar. I then insert the recordset data in my table. Of course I know I could browse the recordset and do the same insert as there are records (about 1000) but it would worry me. And I think he should be a much more intelligent. Thank you for everything

Re: Turning a Recordset into table

Hi
    You can perhaps go through a text file intermediate (eg a. Csv). You create your text file in Access and you load into Oracle, it avoids the direct link on your Oracle table.
    If the link to Oracle Tickle you for safety reasons you can not save your password in Access and set a user in Oracle (eg ImportAccess) who has the rights to add on this very special table in Oracle. I do not know how to do it, I'm not an Oracle expert, but I know that Oracle is powerful enough to handle this.

Hello
    In fact it is the Oracle table that is read. I'm going to retrieve data in Oracle and I want to insert into my Access table.
    My goal is to make use of the following SQL query:
    Code:
    SELECT field1[, Field2[, ...]] INTO NewTable [IN externaldatabase]
    FROM source
    And I am doing research in this direction. If I find an answer on external database I will post the solution here.

Hello
    SELECT field1 [, field2 [, ...]] INTO NewTable [IN externaldatabase]
    FROM source
    I do not think you'll be able to meet your needs with the IN clause to this location since it meets the opposite scenario, that of power supply an external table and not to import the content.

Hello
    Actually I had a little mix and I reversed the brushes. But after test, no way to run a "select * from mytable into oracle database, because it seems that Oracle does not support the select into. So I tried a
    "insert into mytable select * from access matableOracle . But no way either. I am afraid it is not possible to refer (in the IN clause) has an Oracle database. None have made no mention in This Article anyway.

Hi
    Logically (not tested) the structure of the request, if supported, should be something like this
    Code:
    INSERT INTO testtable (Field1, Field2 ...) 
    SELECT ChampOracle1, ChampOracle2 
    FROM testtable IN "" [...]
    Hope this helps you.