Thread: Tabs in IE 8.0

Tabs in IE 8.0

Something happened on my computer, when I shut down IE 8 it used to pop up the warning that doing so would shut down all the tabs and do I want to proceed. Well something has happened to change IE to where that window no longer pops up that warning window, and it completely shuts down IE and I loose all the tabs. How do I go about changing it back with the pop up??

Re: Tabs in IE 8.0

Well for solving this Tab issue in your Internet Explorer 8, You need to change the settings of your browser. You should go to the Internet Options of your Internet Explorer 8 from the tools menu item. After that select pop-up blocker settings from the available list. Enable this settings, after that you will be able to see the warning Pop-up window. If this settings are not working then you have only one option left that is reinstall the Internet Explorer 8. This will bring the settings to the default once again and your problem will be resolved.

If you have been using IE7, you are probably used to all your tabs opening under the same iexplore.exe process. When you open a new tab from an old one, the new tab is placed directly to the right of the originating tab, rather than to the right of the right-most-opened tab, as in IE7. If a Web Slice is available on a page, a green Web Slices icon will appear in the Command Bar. The only exception is if you are on a Windows Vista machine and you are moving from Protected to Unprotected mode. Click on this icon to easily subscribe and add the Web Slices to the Favorites Bar so you can keep track of that "slice" of the web. By default, IE8 will start with two instances of iexplore.exe (one for the Frame, one for the tab) and grows the number of tab processes as needed based on the amount of available RAM, the number of tabs, the integrity levels for tabs, and the number of distinct IE sessions .

Hi friend, It is possible to reopen or to restore the Last Closed Tabs in the internet explorer.
    • If your are using the IE 8, then use the "Ctrl + Shift + T" keyboard shortcut to reopen the last closed tab of the internet explorer.
    • If your are using the IE 7, then use the "Alt+X" keyboard shortcut to restore the last closed tab of the internet explorer.