Thread: Top Web Vulnerability Scanners

Top Web Vulnerability Scanners

Hi everybody, I am using a Sony vaio laptop and windows vista operating system installed in it. I heard about the Web Vulnerability Scanners but I dont know the actual meaning of it. And I also want to know about which are top web Vulnerability Scanners. Which version are I want to prefer, can any one tell me.

Re: Top Web Vulnerability Scanners

A vulnerability scanner is a system software developed to map systems and find the weaknesses in an apps, system or network. The scanner typically first appear a for active IP addresses, open ports, operating systems (OS), and running applications. It then either generates a report or moves on. Thereafter, the vulnerability scanner may check the patch level of the Operating System or applications; at this level, the scanner may actually destroyed the OS or application.

Nikto is an open source (GPL) web server scanner that does comprehensive tests against web servers for many items, having more than 3200 potentially dangerous files/CGIs, versions more than 625 servers, and version specific problems on more than 230 servers. Scan data and plugins are frequently upgraded and can be automatically upgraded . It uses Whisker/libwhisker for much of its underlying functionality.

Paros proxy A web application vulnerability pahnii assessment proxy
    A Java based web proxy for assessing web application vulnerability. It supports editing/viewing HTTP/HTTPS messages on-the-fly to change items such as cookies and form fields. It includes a web traffic recorder, web spider, hash calculator, and a scanner for testing common web application attacks such as SQL injection and cross-site scripting.

WebScarab is an type of Web Vulnerability Scanners which is used for determining the application which are trying to connect via http and the H Vulnerability ScannersTTPS protocols. It records the conversation and then give out critical information about the web access. It is developed for every one who needs to expose the current activity of http and other working applications.

I will recommend you to use Burpsuite. It is an awesome application which has a integrated platform for tracking down the work of web applications. It gives both manual and automatic features to analyze, track and figure out information about the dangerous sites. There are many other burp tools which work effectively and gives proper information.