Thread: Need some equivalent applications for MAC

Need some equivalent applications for MAC

Switching to MAC is really tough for Windows users. I too myself sometime found iTunes a bit complicated for using then Windows Media player. This time I have decided to use this operating system. I got a a MAC book in gift. I need some equivalent applications for MAC which are available for Windows too.

Re: Need some equivalent applications for MAC

The leopard has a basic utility package. But this is not for a long time. Mac OS X Leopard has also came with the new utility group called iLife. Which is a new feature it will fulfill all you needs, may be they are at the elementary level. You will be having the safari as the browser. For managing the images and photos it has a utility called iPhoto.

I am a user of Leopard. I can list you some applications. A video editing software called iMovie for your musical creations GarageBand, and a publisher of web pages iWeb, with email client Mail, and also the application for instant messaging iChat AV, Frontrow etc. Many other applications are there to help you get started optimal utility for burning CDs and DVDs, DVD, QuickTime, iCal, Spotlight, Time Machine, Address Book, Capture.

Rather to help the beginner by compiling a list of flagships and unavoidable that it will need sooner or later. To save time and find his work habits, the programs are meeting for Mac OS X are available in PC version and are musts in their category (Internet, Office, Media ...). Ideally, these tools are multi-platform and they are available in PC version, Mac and Linux. This enables the user to move from one machine to another, without rehabilitation, and avoiding the laborious juggling of formats and conversions that follow.

Other potential of web browsing are valid with the featherweight Camino uses the Gecko rendering engine of Firefox and which hysterics best interface and features of Mac OS X Address Book, protocol, menu Services etc. Plugins are less abundant. Finally, if you are using Opera remains the reference, note that the Mac version 9.63 is a success.

On Windows, it is general to recover your mail and read their RSS feeds with Microsoft Outlook. To come back to the same interface, you only need to invest in MS Office 2008 for Mac. It includes support, the corresponding of MS Outlook. As another application known email from the PC world, there are also Eudora Mailbox Cleaner. On the newsgroups in addition to Thunderbird, Unison, are also honor the Mac.