Thread: Cannot get fast forward or fast reverse to work with Windows Media Player

Cannot get fast forward or fast reverse to work with Windows Media Player

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on my HP laptop that came pre-installed with Windows Media Player. However, when I pay a cd and press the fast forward or rewind buttons, the track does not fast forward, or fast reverse as it is supposed to. How do I get this to work? According to Windows Help all one has to do is to keep the buttons depressed, but it does not work for me.

Can anyone help?

Re: Cannot get fast forward or fast reverse to work with Windows Media Player

You have the Windows media player and you are not able to do fast forward in the system. You have the Windows Vista Home Premium operating system in your laptop. For fast forwarding and rewinding the movies or the audio files which you are playing in the media player you have to press and hold the forward and rewind button of the windows media player. Release the button where you want to resume the movie or the audio which is currently played on the software.

Re: Cannot get fast forward or fast reverse to work with Windows Media Player

Thanks Eric for replying to my post. However, if you read my original thread you will note that when I press and hold the fast forward or rewind buttons, they do not work as they are supposed to.

Do you have any suggestions to enable them to work properly?

Regards