Thread: Uninstallation of tuneup utilities 2009 resulted in error

Uninstallation of tuneup utilities 2009 resulted in error

I am having a dell inspiron laptop with windows vista as my Operating system. i had installed the tuneup utilities 2009 software a few days before. but for some purpose i want to uninstall tuneup utilities 2009 . I tried to do so but it always resulted in error message 'The patch pacakage could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows Installer patch package'. Suggest some solutions to uninstall it ?
    Last edited by Hebrew; 21-12-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Re: Uninstallation of tuneup utilities 2009 resulted in error

The Uninstallation of tuneup utilities 2009 has resulted into an error because of the corruption of the windows . If you have an Antivirus installed in your system run quick scan and try uninstalling the software again . Else try installing the MBAM from its official website run it .After updating it run quickscan on it. then uninstall the tuneup utilities 2009 . I hope this would have solved your query.

I also faced the same problem when i was uninstalling the tuneup utilities 2009. I also downloaded the MBAM and ran the quickscan . After scanning also the problem was not solved . So please try suggesting some other solutions Corruption of the system may not have resulted this Error.

The tuneup utilities 2009 error seems to become a common one because a lot of individuals have posted such queries in different forums. The simple answer to this query is just go to the website of tuneup utilities find their if similar kind of problem has been reported . If you will find that then you can easily get the solution there and can get rid of this shit.

HI!!!!!!!!!
    I had been trying to get rid of this shit for many days but got the solutions from one of my friend when he told me the following steps.

1. Go to the tuneup utilities site
    2. Install the latest version of the tuneup utilities i.e tuneup utilities 2010
    3. Then go to tune up uninstaller and you will see the option erase entry or something like that.

this will solve you issues definitely.

This type of error arises due to the bugs that are present in the Tune Up Utilities. Also Tune Up Utilities 2009 have been corrupted .So just buy a tuneup utilities 2010 . Install it and after the installation the Tune Up Utilities 2009 can be easily uninstalled as the corrupted file will be repaired because of the installation.

Thanks a lot to all of you for taking pain in giving me your useful replies . I downloaded the trial version of Tune Up Utilities 2010 . The installation of Tune Up Utilities 2010 has enabled the uninstallation of Tune Up Utilities 2009. Thanks again.