Thread: Issue in Linux xampp

Issue in Linux xampp

Hello,
    I downloaded xampp linux and I followed a tutorial to install it. I copyed the file in xampp opt using nautilus as root, then I created a link for the file in xampp usr / bin, with xampp I opened terminal and everything went well and I had the following in terminal
    Code:
    Starting XAMPP for Linux 1.3
    XAMPP: Starting Apache with SSL ...
    XAMPP: Starting MySQL ...
    XAMPP for Linux started.
    but when I type localhost / xampp these two error messages are displayed and the page does not appear.
    Warning: file_get_contents (lang.tmp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission not granted © e in / opt / lampp / htdocs / xampp / index.php on line 2
    Warning: Can not modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at / opt / lampp / htdocs / xampp / index.php: 2) in / opt / lampp / htdocs / xampp / index.php on line 4
    Any help on this.
    Last edited by Solaris; 21-12-2009 at 01:24 PM.

Re: Lssue in Linux xampp

Hi,
    Warning: file_get_contents (lang.tmp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission not granted © e in / opt / lampp / htdocs / xampp / index.php on line 2
    Warning: Can not modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at / opt / lampp / htdocs / xampp / index.php: 2) in / opt / lampp / htdocs / xampp / index.php on line 4
    By my knowledge apache, mysql, php and proftp are usually in packages of distributions. I think you should go through the package manager of its distribution, which might be more easier for you. Any more problem, post back.

Hello
    By my knowledge apache, mysql, php and proftp are usually in packages of distributions.
    I used to use xampp and I will not change that's why I chose this way.
    I think you should go through the package manager of its distribution, which might be more easier for you
    I have not found in the xampp package manager, if not can you help me?
    Last edited by Solaris; 21-12-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Hi
    I have not found in the xampp package manager, if not can you help me?
    Sorry, you have not mentioned the linux distribution which you are working with, so we have no idea what is your linux distribution and we can possibly tell you what is the command to run to install Xamp.

Hi,
    Even if you are working on windows it does not matter. Xamp this is nothing more than apache + php + mysql + proftp. That is a meta package. Simply install one by one these packages in your package manager and you have a Xamp. Hope this may help you, require more help, do post back.

Hi
    Xamp this is nothing more than apache + php + mysql + proftp. That is a meta package. Simply install one by one these packages in your package manager and you have a Xamp.
    I know the component xampp but when I say I am used to use xampp, I meant I am used to interface xampp. My default operating system and which I use is ubuntu linux withe gnome as the desktop environment.