Thread: Virtualization through command line

Virtualization through command line

Hello
    I will wish to virtualize windows XP from my Debian command line. Is this possible? I want both of them to work on the same computer. But Debian will be my main operating system. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Carnie; 19-12-2009 at 11:11 AM.

Re: Virtualization through command line

Hi
    I will wish to virtualize an windows XP from my Debian command line
    Yes you can do this, but before that your post is lack of details, we would like some more details so that we can explain you properly what to do. Please post your full details, what exactly you want? No one can answer to you with such a low contain.

Hi
    I want to run a virtual XP and connect it via vnc. Can do this touring machine while in command line in linux? For installation, I think I will have no choice, I will have to install an X server to install the XP. If you know any more software for installing windows xp in debian linux, then please do post back.

Hi
    Virtualization would allow you to install XP in a virtual machine (VM) and run at the same time as the host environment "Linux" in your case. So you can execute commands on Linux while running the XP environment in its VM is the principle and interest of virtualization. Once installed, the virtual machine can interact with the host environment via a "virtual" network that you have configured via virtualization software chosen. "Through", this virtual network you can connect to your virtual machine (since the host machine) via vnc, telnet, modulo that you have properly configured the corresponding services. Technically, you can access the VM from other system that the host system (conceptually, we can consider it a true system) modulo have configured the host system and the environment ' supports' virtual machine - for it is "accessible / visible." The modalities of implementation depends on the virtualization solution that you have chosen: VMware, QEMU etc.

Hi
    If you know any more software for installing windows xp in debian linux, then please do post back.
    The best is to use Xen but requires a processor that supports virtualization for Windows. Just give it a try, you would love it. Any more queries do post back.

Hello
    The best is to use Xen but requires a processor that supports virtualization for Windows.
    Not xen virtualization, but the paravirtualization I have a dual core processor, I installed xen, my dom0 is linux and my windows is domU. Windows does not know it virtulization (but I can run it from linux). I assign a core to each OS
    to be done on fedora.
    Code:
    yum install xen * gnome-applet-vm
    for more information on xen you can visit their official site.