Thread: Vmware Fusion Unrecoverable error

Vmware Fusion Unrecoverable error

Running Windows XP on MacBookPro 17", it works fine. The problem is when i start my virtual XP, I get error message "VMWare Fusion unrecoverable error: (VMX) and inside the popup, "Unexpected signal: 10." I would appreciate HELP.

Re: Vmware Fusion Unrecoverable error

VMware is the best virtual machine for running Windows or linux, at least in my opinion and experience. VMware software provides a completely virtualized set of hardware to the guest operating system.[The support for VMware is fantastic too and the fact that 2.0 will be a FREE upgrade is over the top and completely awesome!

To solve the VMWare Fusion unrecoverable error, delete the .vmss file from the Virtual Machine's Package. VMSS is a file extension associated with VMware Suspend State . Note that by deleting .vmss file like hard shutdown the physical computer and anything not save to disk will be lost.

Are you running the latest version of VMWare? Check on their site. Try reinstall fusion, probably some vmware files were replaced during upgrade. Bootcamp uses the Mac's hardware "natively" and presents it to windows "as is", while a Virtual Machine presents Virtualized Hardware, which is virtualized as much different hardware than the boot camp installation.

You're going to need to update fusion I believe. When Fusion runs a virtual machine, there are actually two processes involved: the Fusion GUI and vmware-vmx. The virtual disk is like a document relative to the app, reinstalling an app doesn't make any changes to the documents...

For non-boot Camp virtual machines, Fusion puts virtual machines (VMs) in "/Users/yourusername/Documents/Virtual Machines/" by default. You need to let Fusion regenerate your new Windows xp partition for running under Fusion, you can do this by simply deleting the Bootcamp following folder. Once you've deleted this folder, Start VMWare and then run your Bootcamp VM - Fusion will "prepare" the partition for use, and boot up successfully.