Thread: Daemon tools alternative

Daemon tools alternative

I have installed windows xp on my system and i use daemon tools to convert DVD into “virtual discs”. I want to know is there any daemon tools alternative? All I need is to mount my images as a virtual drive, with old version of daemon tool it is not possible in windows vista, i always get error...

Re: Daemon tools alternative

Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel is alternative to daemon tool. It allow you to create a virtual CD drive on your hard disk. For anyone unfamiliar with the terms 'virtual CD' or 'CD emulator', they mean that you can copy the entire contents of a CD-ROM to your hard disk. A virtual disc has much better access rates than a physical one in a corresponding physical drive because the reading speed of a virtual CD.

The latest version of Daemon Tools works fine with Win7 x64. Alcohol 120 si another option , this utility is use to create and burn backups of your CDs and DVDs . Its wizard-based interface is handy for managing CD images and virtual drives. The program handles most disc image formats, including ISO, Nero, CloneCD, and CDRWIN.

MagicDisc is very useful software, it allow user to create and manage virtual CD drives and CD/DVD discs. You can also use ImgBurn, Version 2.5 adds An 'Advanced' input mode, each for performing a different task: Read - read a disc to an image file; Build - creates an image file from files on your computer. You can run programs, play games, or listen to music from your virtual CD-ROM. Allowing you to run your game images at over 200x faster than from a conventional CD/DVD-ROM.