Thread: Icon on the desktop - kde

Icon on the desktop - kde

Hello
    I can not do something simple with KDE4, to put an icon on my desktop application. If I right click, I only suggest to place widgets, and I see nothing that corresponds to an application? There is something obvious to everyone that I have not picked up I think. Thank you.
    Last edited by Linux-Us; 18-12-2009 at 10:14 AM.

Re: Icon on the desktop - kde

Hello
    I can not do something simple with KDE4, to put an icon on my desktop application. If I right click, I only suggest to place widgets, and I see nothing that corresponds to an application?
    I do not know KDE but you can make a symbolic link on the desktop application that you want to start, and assign an icon post. Hope this helps you.

Hi
    That's how I have always done so KDE3, I create a symbolic link or something like that. Now with KDE4 if I do I like plasmoid, widget etc. In the widgets I have to be nag but I do not see anything that looks like an icon. But why does Kde always change its habits which are so comfortable of users? Any advice on this or recommendations.

Hi
    I can not do something simple with KDE4, to put an icon on my desktop application.
    I think you should try these steps, Right-click on the desktop
    Code:
    Activity-office -> type -> folder view
    you should find a traditional office option there.
    Or the easiest way to do this is to just drag and drop the icon on your desktop from your kde menu.

Hi
    Right-click on the desktop
    Activity-office -> type -> folder view
    you should find a traditional office option there.
    Yes, but I would like to retain the advantages of novelty, without being bothered by the disadvantages.
    Or the easiest way to do this is to just drag and drop the icon on your desktop from your kde menu.
    Yes, but if I do that, I get a horrible icon shell script that I can not change. Any more help for you guys will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hey
    Yes, but if I do that, I get a horrible icon shell script that I can not change.
    Funny, I do not get anything like that. I suppose that by right clicking on the icon you can not change the icon? Which linux distribution are you using? Refer to the linux distro documentation and see if you can find help there.

Hi
    If I right click, I see configure icon, Which opens a dialog box titled Settings icon netbeans (yes, that is for Netbeans), but nothing in there I so that I can change the image. It seems that in the previous version, if I clicked on the image icon in this dialog, I could change it (and unfortunately it seems that the change to every file type that the icon concerned), but then nothing. My distrib is mandriva 2009 spring one.