Thread: Problem with flash in debian

Problem with flash in debian

Hi
    I just installed GNU / Linux Debian Lenny 32bits. No problems installing flashplayer-mozilla. It works fine except one detail, I have to click on the flash animation to see them, they do not launch automatically. It's not very serious to watch videos. But when the whole site is flash, it loses all its charm and it's really not practical. So, I am facing a problem with my flash player. I have not found how to enable automatic reading of flash animations. Do you know how to fix this problem.

Re: Problem with flash in debian

Hi,
    So, I am facing a problem with my flash player.
    I do not have Debian's next to me. But I think you had to install swfdec (OSS). If it installs the proprietary version. If you want to keep the free version I do not know. Sorry!

Hi
    Thank you, it was because of swfdec. However the package swfdec-mozilla can not be deleted because it is apparently necessary for Gnome. And even with installing the plugin owner of Macromedia, Iceweasel still using swfdec.
    To overcome this, I renamed (not delete) these two files:
    Code:
    / usr / lib / mozilla / plugins / libswfdecmozilla.so
    / usr / lib / mozilla-firefox / plugins / libswfdecmozilla.so
    And now Iceweasel uses / usr / lib / mozilla / plugins / libflashplayer.so, macromedia plugin! Everything is ok!

Hey
    I just installed a new machine on GNU / Linux Debian Lenny, and some changes have occurred.
    1. Rename libswfdecmozilla.so as before, but now it is at this location: / usr / lib / swfdec-mozilla / libswfdecmozilla.so.
    2. Having installed the package flashplayer-mozilla, I copied the libflashplayer.so file from / usr / lib / flashplayer-mozilla / to / usr / lib / mozilla / plugins /
    I do not know if it's very own to do so, but I did not want to delete the package swfdec-mozilla, which wants to remove the gnome. Even though other methods propose to do, juggling between apt-get and aptitude.

Hi
    I do not know if it works because I installed flash manually
    Code:
    update-alternatives - config flash-mozilla.so
    You can try, this may work with you.

Hi
    1. Rename libswfdecmozilla.so as before, but now it is at this location: / usr / lib / swfdec-mozilla / libswfdecmozilla.so.
    2. Having installed the package flashplayer-mozilla, I copied the libflashplayer.so file from / usr / lib / flashplayer-mozilla / to / usr / lib / mozilla / plugins /
    Thank you, your last solution has solved my problem. It works with me fine now. I have successfully installed and view videos with flash player.