Thread: Set Windows Media Player as Alarm Clock

Set Windows Media Player as Alarm Clock

Hi, can anyone knows how to use the windows media player as Alarm Clock? One of my friend told me that, it is possible, but he don't know how to achieve it. So, will you please help me to get to use the Windows Media Player as Alarm Clock in my computer? Please reply me.

Re: Set Windows Media Player as Alarm Clock

Hello, I don't think that this would be possible. And suppose that this is possible then also it is not going to help you if your computer is not on. That is if your computer is in shut down condition then how can your alarm clock would be work for you. So, use the alarm either of your mobile or your clock directly, so that it will help you to do work at the time you want.

Hey, Is it really possible? I don't know such type of thing till yet. If you come to know how to do it, then please give me reply about it, as whenever I play games on my computer my all of the work remain as it is. So, if there is any alarm on computer which will help me to remember the work then I can able to do the work in the time even though I am playing the games. So, if you got the solution or anyone is having the solution then please give me that. I am waiting for the reply which will help me.

Hi, I am having solution for you regarding the Alarm clock. It will not set your Windows Media Player as Alarm Clock, but it only work as alarm clock for you. It is third party software application named as WakeMeUp! It is alarm clock which will work for the Windows 2000, XP or Server 2003. It is having following features:

• Play mp3, wma or wav. m3u playlists.
    • It is having the facility to play chimes after some time of interval.
    • You can start a program with help of it.
    • It wont requires any username or password.
    • You can handle alarms from multiple users.
    • This will work even when no user is logged on

You need to follow the steps below to set Windows Media Player as Alarm Clock by playing music in it.
    STEPS:
    • Click on the Task Scheduler under Program options.
    • From the Task Scheduler Library click on Create Basic Task.
    • Give a name to this task and then click on next.
    • Choose Daily and click Next.
    • Set the time as per your requirement and under Action you need ot select Start a program and click Next.
    • Now select one option from the list and click on next.
    • Now check the option of "Open the Properties dialog" for this task.
    • Click Finish.
    • In the properties window click on Conditions tab and change the settings in the Power section which you prefer.
    • Done

Hi, I think that it is not possible with the Windows Media Player to set as alarm clock. I think you need to install the third party software which will work in your computer as an alarm clock. There are many alarm clock application are present on the internet which will help you more in this case. So, just download one of this and you will able to solve the problem without making any changes in the Windows Media Player. So, it will work better for you.