Thread: Windows cannot open FLEX files..

Windows cannot open FLEX files..

Some days before my friend send me some files attached in an e-mail. When I saved it on my system, the extensions of that file are .FLEX. Now when I am trying to open this file I get an error from the Windows stating that Windows cannot open FLEX files. I don't know much about this extension. Does anyone know how to open such files? Kindly help me soon, since I want to open that file earlier as possible.
    Computer:

Windows XP Professional
    Asus A8N-VM Socket 939 Motherboard with NForce 410
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.45ghz-Venice Core
    2x1024MB PC3200 Kingston Ram in Dual Channel
    ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB GDDR3,16 Pipelines overclocked to 442mhz/1080mhz
    Enermax 420W "Silent" Powersupply

Re: Windows cannot open FLEX files..

The file you are talking about is FLEX file which is the extensions of the Flexi Data Smoothing file. Other types of the files may also use the FLEX file extension. Now I will tell you how to open the FLEX files. The simple way to open the FLEX file is to double click on that file and let your OS decied the application in which that file can open. If no program opens the FLEX files then you don't have any application installed that can Edit or View the FLEX files. You can use Adobe Flex to open the FLEX files. Flex applications can be written using Adobe Flex Builder or by using the freely available Flex compiler from Adobe. Hope now you can open FLEX file.

When you get the error from the Windows saying that it "Cannot open FLEX files" the cause can be one of the following :

1. You need to identify a program that can open the file
    2. Or your registry may be damaged

Many times this error is generated even if you are having some applications that can open the FLEX files. So I will strongly recommend you to scan for the registries. You can use the following application for registry errors for free

http://www.techarena.in/download/reg...ry-cleaner.htm

I was getting the same error even though I was having the Adobe application. When I scanned my registry there were many errors in the registries. After scanning, the errors got fixed. Later on I was able to open the FLEX files. So even I would like to suggest you to scan your registry first. Maybe you are getting the error because of registry. Hope scanning the registry will solve the issue.

Several times incorrect associations are the cause of many file extension errors. So it is recommended to scan the registry. But sometimes this error comes because you are not having any software to open the FLEX files. So even after scanning the registry, if you are getting the same error then try to install the applications that opens or edit the FLEX files.