Thread: Xp3 Unistall IE8 Uninstall Error

Xp3 Unistall IE8 Uninstall Error

Can somone help me Please? This IE8 is driving me nut’s. I realised that I had IE7 and IE8 installed 3 days ago. I had tried to remove IE8 months earlier because I was having all sorts of problems after Installing IE8! I found I could not" because I had already Installed IE8 first?
    So after Uninstalling “Service Pack 3” as per instruction’s in Windows Support: I did this [How to Uninstall SP3] :
    Note. The steps that are listed in KB 927177 also apply to Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1.
    So I tried to Remove Ie7 from/ Run/ In the Open box, type %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe, and then click OK.
    It said "Cannot Find File Error Cannot locate < ieeulp.chm >?"
    So I went to Control/ Add Remove Programs /Remove/
    And Uninstalled IE7 no problem!
    Then I tried to uninstall IE8. As I want to reinstall IE8 again and every time I open my IE homepage or try to go online this happens:
    Window has Encountered a Problem and has to close Debug…. or Close Etc..
    but if I go to /My webmail/ and type in the /Address bar and Type in /Tec Republic/ or Lockerknome Forums/ or select a /You Tube Music Video/ from My Favorites I can access them without “Debug or Close’ Flagging up???
    I can open MS IE8 page But it tells me: You already have IE8 installed. Before I reinstall Windows Service Pack 3? I wanted to reinstall IE8?
    So I went to: Control/ Add Remove /Remove. and I it about ½ way through stopped and said:
    Error Signature
    AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 8.0.6001.18702 ModName: mshtml.dll
    ModVer: 8.0.6001.18854 Offset: 00209f9c
    All the Updates Etc for IE8 are still there. What should I do? I just Reinstalled ‘Windows Service Pak 3’ from the ‘MS Update Download’ site and left IE8 where it was. But I am still getting Flagged:
    Window has an “Error Debug Or Close Etc”
    So what is the Missing File ieeulp.chm ???
    Is this the cause of my woes???
    Please explain in "Kindie Lingo" as I cannot follow “Computer Jargon” thanks’ for any help you may be able to give it will be gladly received Dasha
    My computer is Computer Desktop Is: A Dell Desk Top with LCD 20" Screen, Running MS Windows XP 3 Version 5.1 Service Pack 3/2007, Intel Pentium 4 CPU, 2.80Gig and 512 Meg Ram with Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller.

Re: Xp3 Unistall IE8 Uninstall Error

Use Firefox. It is better than IE. Or use Safari or AOL browsers.

Thanks scling, I don't think I will be able to keep a Download page open long enough' to search for the 'Firefox Download' before I get the dreaded:

ERROR Debug or Close' Flag???

What abut all my Gmail, Picasa we***cs, bookmarks, Favorites Etc I assume they will work from Firefox also?? Dasha

Try this. Use your friend computer to download Portable Firefox. Install it onto desktop. After installation, there will be a Mozilla Firefox folder. Copy the folder onto your own desktop. Open the folder, click on firefox.exe and Firefox will start up.

Then in order to transfer your IE favourites, download Transmute. It is a freeware. Just type Transmute to search the Net for it. Picassa pics and Gmail should be still there as they are Web based services.

Tell me if these work. They should. Bye.