Thread: Error "Cannot create a DOM document" When Starting CorelDRAW!!

Error "Cannot create a DOM document" When Starting CorelDRAW!!

Recently I have formatted my hard disk and installed Windows XP as my operating system. I have installed the CorelDraw but I am not able to do anything into that. Whenever I am starting the CorelDraw I am getting the error message. I don't know what is the cause of this error.! Whenever I start the application I get the message "Cannot create a DOM document. Class not registered. Please ensure that MSXML4 is installed". I don't know how to fix this problem. Can anyone help me fixing this ??
    AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2Ghz
    Asus A7V8X-LA
    120Gb Seagate barracuda 7200Rpm Ultra-ATA 100
    Elixir 512mb DDR Pc3200 (Soon 1Gb)
    Club 3D Radeon 9600 256Mb
    Lite-On Cd & Dvd writer combo
    IDE-Dvd drive
    400w Psu
    Windows Xp Pro Sp2
    Advent Wireless Mouse & Keyboard.

Re: Error "Cannot create a DOM document" When Starting CorelDRAW!!

From the error "Cannot create a DOM document, ensure that MSXML4 is installed" it seems that you have not registered the msxml4.dll library properly. To resolve this problem do the following things :

1. Click on Start and then Run.
    2. Type the keywords "regsvr32 /u msxml4.dll". By this command you can unregister MSXML4.DLL file.
    3. Now type "regsvr32 msxml4.dll" (without inverted commas). by this command you can register the MSXML4.DLL file again.

Now you should be able to open the CorelDraw.

The error "ensure that MSXML4 is installed" is generating because you are not having the updated MSXML. Try to update that specific file. You can search that registry from your setup CD. Also you can get that on net. Once you get that updated registry do the steps described by the Eric B. The dll files gets corrupted fast. So updating might fix this error.

If you are not able to "un-register" or "re-register", here is the solution.
    You can download the "msxml.msi" from the internet (better from Microsoft Site). The file would hardly of 5 MB, so it will get downloaded quickly. After downloading gets completed just open it up and run that selecting "Install".
    When you will do it, nothing will seem to happen. But your msxml4.dll file will get repaired. Now try opening the Coreldraw and it will open without giving any error.

You can scan your registry by using software which are available at
    http://www.techarena.in/download/reg...ry-cleaner.htm
    to repair your corrupted registries. I think once your msxml4.dll gets repaired, you will able to run the application properly. If the problem persists then try to uninstall the CorelDraw and clean the registries related to that application. Once you are done with this, Install the CorelDraw freshly. Maybe you can work now on CorelDraw flawlessly.