Thread: Drawings Fails to Launch !!

Drawings Fails to Launch !!

I am using Windows XP as my operating system. From last four days when I am trying to open the pictures, I am getting the message "drawing failed" with the sign "X" in the middle of the picture. I was using the Windows Picture Manager and later I also used other programs like Picture and Fax Viewer. But still that error occurs. When I try to open it from the Photoshop, it gets opened properly. It's very difficult to open the Photoshop every time to view the pictures. Is there any way to fix this problem?
    ~*~Silent~Kid~*~
    "To The World You May Be Just One Person, But To One Person You May Be The World"

Re: Drawings Fails to Launch !!

The error DRAWings Fails to Launch can occur because of the video card which has less than the 32 MB of RAM. To check the RAM on the video card follow the steps :

1. Right-click anywhere on the Desktop and select Properties.
    2. Then click on the settings tab.
    3. You will find the Advanced Button, click on that.
    4. Then finally click on the Adapter tab.

Here you will have to check that Memory Size should be at least 32MB. If it is less than 32 MB, then you will have to upgrade your video card to meet the DRAWings system requirements.

Mostly the error of Drawings Failed generates due to outdated video drivers. The most common video chipsets are of NVIDIA and ATI. You can visit there site to upgrade your video driver for your card. And if your video card does not uses either of these chipsets, then go to the
    manufacturer's web site to obtain the latest driver for your video card. Hope upgrading your drivers for video card will solve this error.

I think installing the DirectX will fix your problem. You can download the DirectX from http://www.techarena.in/download/system/directx.htm for your OS Windows XP. After installing the DirectX you will have to enable the acceleration. To check this, follow the steps :

1. Click on Start and then Run.
    2. Type dxdiag and press OK.
    3. After that click on Display tab.

After going in the Display tab, all DirectX features (three) should be enabled.
    If it is not then just check the buttons beside them to make it enable.

This can happen if your images are infected by the virus. Try to scan the images by the updated anti virus. According to you the images gets opened in Photoshop, then maybe there is some issue in your Picture Manager which comes with the OS. So if nothing is working for you then try to repair the OS and check whether the error has been isolated.