Thread: Shortcut for Command Prompt

Shortcut for Command Prompt

Hello There, I am working on a programming assignment lately and i want to know which is the easiest way to open any application with? I mean i need command prompt mor often, but browsing through the start menu becomes too long. I need something more quick. Can anyone help me with a shortcut? Thanks.

Re: Shortcut for Command Prompt

The best solution is To place a shortcut for Command Prompt on the desktop. Click on Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > then right-click on Command Prompt > Send To > Desktop (create a shortcut). Now this will make a shortcut on desktop showing the command prompt icon. Now whenever you want to access the command prompt press the [Win] key + "D" this will minimize every application and window that might be opened at that time and you will be able to get to the desktop. Now open command prompt from the Icon There...

The simplest solution which i guess is that just press Win + R then you will get a new dialog box which is run dialog box in there you can type "cmd" and press Enter to open command prompt. Hope this is useful... Also the above method can be easy.

One more option is Follow the steps posted by Zipp. Now once you get the command prompt icon on the desktop right-click on it and then click "Properties". Now Command Prompt's Shortcut's Property window will open. In there find an option which says : "Shortcut : None" in the textbar which has "none" written, click on it. Now press any key suppose you press "1". Now click apply and click OK. Now the 1 key will act as a shortcut provided you press it in combination with Ctrl+Alt. So that means now if you press Ctrl+Alt+1 command prompt will open.

Open Notepad and copy the following code to it :
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Command Prompt Here]
    @="Open Command &Prompt Here"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Command Prompt Here\command]
    @="cmd.exe /k cd %1 "
    Save the file anywhere but make sure you save the file with extension as ".reg" Once this is done, go to the location where the file is saved and just double click on it and then click yes to confirm. Then at any point you want to open a command prompt, just right-click on a folder and click "Open Command Prompt Here". Command Prompt will open with the path automatically pointing in the folder.