Thread: Error 1608 while Installing CorelDRAW Graphics Suite

Error 1608 while Installing CorelDRAW Graphics Suite

I am not able to install CoralDraw Graphics Suite. I was using it before but due to virus infection I have to format my PC. Since after then while installing that application I am getting the Error 1608. This error states that "this error occurred when installing CorelDraw Graphics Suite". Is this happening because some certain system variables are present.?? Is there any way to isolate this problem.? Please help.
    IF you hate me, please don't mention it. I know who hates me and who doesn't. You really do not have to make fun of people....

Re: Error 1608 while Installing CorelDRAW Graphics Suite

If you are getting an Error 1608 while Installing the CorelDraw Graphics Suite, try to follow the steps :

1. Try to Install the Client for Microsoft Networks after logging in your system as Administrator. Install it before installing the CorelDraw. It can be removed later after installing the CorelDraw.
    2. Then install the ISScript.msi from the root folder of the CorelDraw Graphics Suite. (Installation CD or Folder)
    3. Now right click on that file and choose install. If there is any error (main cause of Error 1608), try to do the following :

Click on Start >> Go to Settings >> Control Panel
    Then double click on the Administrative Tools.
    After then double click on the option Services.
    Then check the Windows Installer in the list of services.
    When msiexec.exe is not properly registered then this error gets generated.
    Then try to type msiexec in the run dialog box and select regserver and click on OK.

After completing this process you will troubleshoot that error.

If you are getting error "1607 : Unable to install" during the installation of the CorelDraw Graphics then try doing this :

Click on Start and press run. After going to the run type dcomcnfg and click OK.
    Then click on the tab Default Security, then click the button Default Launch Permissions. Then click on edit. Now you can edit the permission. Set the privilege for the User to Allow Launch. Then click OK to close the window. Launch the CorelDRAW Graphic Suite setup. Hope this will solve your error.

Many times an error 1608 while installing the CorelDraw Graphics Suite is caused because of insufficient permissions on the installer folder. So try to change the permissions so that installation can be done without any error. Also the another cause may be non-administrative privileges. Like when you are using the OS as Windows 2000 or Windows XP you cannot install it as a guest. So first log in as Administrator and then install the application.
    Last edited by JonathanD; 11-12-2009 at 04:32 PM.

As you told that your machine was infected with the Virus. So maybe some specific files have been corrupted which is generating errors while installing the software. So even the mentioned settings are not working for you I will suggest you to install that application from another source. So scan your system with the updated anti virus that will keep your applications away from the malwares.