Thread: How to connect remote desktop connection from windows XP media centre

How to connect remote desktop connection from windows XP media centre

Hello,
    I have a Dell Laptop which is running on windows vista home basic. I want to connect my other computer which is on windows XP media center by remote desktop connection from my laptop. My network is definitely on because i can view all shared file on other computer But not able to connect Media center to my Laptop. Please help me. I am so hurry for this.

I

Re: How to connect remote desktop connection from windows XP media centre

You just make sense that home version is not considered as network connection and you are using Windows Vista home basic but try to follow this step : go to my computer and right click on that, then go to properties and then remote tab and enable the remote connection on both the machines. If this work then cheers and if not try to install differnt operating system on your Laptop.

Connection between remote desktop from windows XP media centre

May be windows XP firewall may come between these connection. Because most of time exception has comming to interrupt the connection. i suggest you just change the setting of windows firewall and check. The steps are here : Go to start, control panel and the windows firewall. You will find exception tab click add port on that.the name should be Remote, port number will 3389 and click on ok and restart the system.

Remotely connection of windows media centre

Can you try on this , i will tried on my system and it working : Restart your computer and press F8 key, then choose advanced boot option menu and select safe mode with networking and press enter, then you should find see loading of drivers and after that a welcome screen, Login as a admin. This will help you to play media in XP media center.

RDC by windows Xp media center.

You can change your listening port by modifying windows registry. Type regedt32 on run command and find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TerminalServer\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\PortNumber, then from edit menu click on modify and then click on decimal and put a new port number. But do not put port number between 49152 and 65535. Then you do not need to type just ip address ,type ip address with port number e.g, 192.168.1.1:50341. This process may sure connect your remote computer by RDC.

You will need to launch the remote desktop connection and select option , in experience tab select speed of your LAN then select Local Resource tab, in that local device section click on the disk drives and then connect after that Enter the IP adrress of your host computer in the general tab and enter correct username and password and click on connect. this may resolve your problem permanently.
    Last edited by ThoMas321; 11-12-2009 at 06:13 AM.