Thread: Daemon tools help with initialization error 0

Daemon tools help with initialization error 0

Hi everyone, i'm facing issue with daemon tools, just downloaded and installed the latest version from daemon tools site , but when i try and run it following error message appears :

Initialization error 0
    This program requires at least Windows 2000 with sptd 1.37 or higher.
    Kernel debugger must be deactivated.
    how can i resolve this issue? my windows 2000 is fully updated with latest sp4.

Re: Daemon tools help with initialization error 0

I had the same issue in windows xp, i just uninstalled the daemon tool version which was giving this error and installed the daemon 4.35.5 which comes with SPTD 1.62, and i don't get this error anymore, its works fine now. So simply download DAEMON Tools Lite 4.35.5 and installed it. I hope this will resolve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by abhav View Post
    I had the same issue in windows xp, i just uninstalled the daemon tool version which was giving this error and installed the daemon 4.35.5 which comes with SPTD 1.62, and i don't get this error anymore, its works fine now. So simply download DAEMON Tools Lite 4.35.5 and installed it. I hope this will resolve your problem.
    Instead of reinstalling full daemon tool application, you can simply download only SPTD 1.62 and install it.

SPTD for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7 (32 bit)

SPTD for Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7 (64 bit)

@Evilbane - No need to uninstall or remove daemon tools itself, you have already installed it and it will accepted the 1.62 SPTD driver without any problem.

Kernel Debugger issue

If you have installed any debugger or any programing tool then disable it and also disable your firewall and antvirus program, then try to run daemon tools, see if it works , if it doesn't works then go to control panel>system>advanced tab>start up and recovery>write debugging information and change it to "none" and check if it works now.

Fix for initialization error 0

I had the same issue, and following i did to resolve it:
    1. First uninstalled daemon tools completely, if you can't uninstall it simply delete the daemon tools installed directory and clean its registry entry with the help of registry cleaner.
    2. Disable SPTD.
    3. To disable it, do following:
      • Boot in safe mode and press ESC key when you see on bottom line of display: "Press ESC to cancel loading SPTD.sys". This will abort loading of SPTD layer.
      • Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\ Services\sptd" registry key in REGEDIT and set DWORD Start value to 4 (i.e. disabled).
      • Reboot again in normal mode.
    4. Download SPTD 1.62 based on above reply.
    5. UNCHECK the 'Unblock' botton of the property dialog box (AT the bottom of the dialog box) of the SPTD installation executable.
    6. Run the SPTD installation and restart.
    7. Now you will be able to run daemon tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Neel23 View Post
    Instead of reinstalling full daemon tool application, you can simply download only SPTD 1.62 and install it.

SPTD for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7 (32 bit)

SPTD for Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7 (64 bit)

@Evilbane - No need to uninstall or remove daemon tools itself, you have already installed it and it will accepted the 1.62 SPTD driver without any problem.
    Thanks to every for your replies, i'll try all the solutions given b you guys.

Before installing this , should i uninstall the previous SPTD? or it will do a upgrade install?

Remove - Uninstall SPTD driver from Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbane View Post
    Thanks to every for your replies, i'll try all the solutions given b you guys.

Before installing this , should i uninstall the previous SPTD? or it will do a upgrade install?
    I think it will do a upgrade install, but tis better to remove the previous SPTD first, you can simply remove it by downloading this

SPTDinst-v162-x86.exe (for 32-bit windows os)
    SPTDinst-v162-x64.exe (for 64-bit windows os)

and execute it by double clicking, In dialog that appears press "Uninstall" button and then SPTD will remove itself from your Windows installation.

And after this download SPTD 1.62 installation from my previous reply and install it.

How to deactivate the kernel debugger?

I have a same issue, getting the same error for daemon tool. Before trying for the solutions given by you guys, i was thinking that as error says that kernel debugger must be deactivated, so how about simply deactivating the kernel debugger? Does anyone know how to deactivate the kernel debugger?

Disable kernel debugging

Quote Originally Posted by Chainmaw View Post
    I have a same issue, getting the same error for daemon tool. Before trying for the solutions given by you guys, i was thinking that as error says that kernel debugger must be deactivated, so how about simply deactivating the kernel debugger? Does anyone know how to deactivate the kernel debugger?
    I'm unsure if it will make daemon tools to work, but you can try by disabling the kernel debugging and debug in Visual Studio.

To disable kernel debugging in the current session , At the command prompt, type: Kdbgctrl.exe -d .

To disable kernel debugging for all sessions Locate C:\ boot.ini , open it using Notepad and remove the following options:

/debug
    /debugport
    /baudrate
    Restart the computer.

Alternatives to Daemon Tools

Why don't you guys switch for for any other virtual drive application, like Alcohol 120% is good one. And many others like powerISO, MagicISO and UltraISO. Alcohol 52%, which is the free version, also has virtual drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbane View Post
    Hi everyone, i'm facing issue with daemon tools, just downloaded and installed the latest version from daemon tools site , but when i try and run it following error message appears :

Initialization error 0
    This program requires at least Windows 2000 with sptd 1.37 or higher.
    Kernel debugger must be deactivated.
    how can i resolve this issue? my windows 2000 is fully updated with latest sp4.
    This message simply means that SPTD is not installed or present on your computer. SPTD is a driver that Daemon Tools 4.x depends on in order to function. I suggest the following:
    • Download the Latest SPTD driver. If you using 32-bit then download file name would be sptdinst_x86.exe.
    • Now Run "sptdinst_x86.exe add" command . For example, if you downloaded the file to C:\Temp, click Start -> Run & type c:\temp\sptdinst_x86.exe add. If you downloaded the x64 version, you should substitute "sptdinst_x86.exe" with "sptdinst_x64.exe".

Now this should work for you.