Thread: Burn Failures with Video CDs with Paint Shop Photo Album!!

Burn Failures with Video CDs with Paint Shop Photo Album!!

I am having the problem while burning the Video CD in Paint Shop Photo Album. I don't know what are the exact issues due to which this is happening. Is there any hardware issue?? I am using Operating System Windows XP. I am not able to find out. Please help me to sort out this issue.! Can anyone explain what are the factors that causes a failure with video CD.?
    Last edited by NIcaBoy; 10-12-2009 at 10:01 PM.

Re: Burn Failures with Video CDs with Paint Shop Photo Album!!

This failures are very common with the older CD-ROM burning speed and the limited resources. Several times reducing the burn speed can often fix this problem. Try to keep the speed of burning to 2X or 4X and then try burning the VCD. Also before running the application be sure that you are closing all the other applications. Maybe keeping this mind will be successful in burning your video CDs.

I would like to suggest you to run the Disk Defragmenter and the Disk Cleaner on the hard drives so that it will delete the unwanted files. Uninstall the other CD or DVD burning programs. Many times the software conflicts with the similar software. So just keep only one burning software. Also some failures are related to the improper recognition of the CD burner which is handled by the Paint Shop Photo Album. Lastly reinstall the drivers for your CD/DVD RW drive. Surely this will help you..

I would like to suggest you to uninstall the existing version of Paint Shop and install another burning software like Nero. If you are able to burn with the other software that means there was some issue of your Paint Shop. And if you are not able to burn using the other software also then there is some hardware issue, like your writer of CD/DVD ROM is not working properly. Then you will have to change your writer. Also check that you are not using the DVD in the CD writer. If you are having DVD writer then its definitely issue of your DVD writer.