Thread: Error getting Clipboard Data

Error getting Clipboard Data

I am not able to work with the Prt Scr Button. Whenever I try to copy paste any screen in my Paint application I get the message as "ERROR : Getting Clipboard Data" . I don't know what is going wrong. Is there something missing in my OS. I want to fix this error as soon as possible, since I need the images for the project. I am using the two monitors. Can anyone help me in sorting this issue??
    "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... I will fear no evil." -Psalms 23

K8N Diamond Plus (BIOS v1.2)
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    Antec TruControl 550W
    NVidia GeForce 7900GT (NGO v1.8466 BETA)
    OCZ Platinum 2x1GB (2-3-2-5)
    SATA: WD740
    PATA: 2xWD2500, WD1200, NEC DVD/RW

Re: Error getting Clipboard Data

I would suggest you to take out one monitor and work only with one monitor. Now check whether you can Prt Scr your image in the paint application. If this is happening then there was issue of second monitor. Many times this pasting of the images is not supported with the dual monitors. So you will have to work on single monitor. Once it is successful also try to the same with the another monitor. Hope that too will work.

Many times creating a new user solve this issue. There is certainly issues if you are connected to the two monitors. If you don't want to remove your another monitor then try creating the new user. Once you created the new user then check whether you are getting the same problem. More likely these problems are solved after you create the new user. If that is not working then you will have to work on single monitor.

Check whether you have enough free space on your hard disk. Many times it happens even if there is much space. After rebooting you can paste your screen image without any issue. No programs needs to be closed. I wonder this is still unresolved. Try your luck after rebooting the system. Else scan your system with the updated anti virus. Hope there are some virus or malwares causing this issue.