Thread: Acrobat will not open pdf documents in IE

Acrobat will not open pdf documents in IE

I am using IE 7 on my windows 7 system. Where ever i try to open web page with .pdf document i get a blank screen, sometime it takes too much time and remains blank. I can not open the pdf document saved on my desktop. I have installed Reader version 9.0. Does any one why Acrobat will not open *pdf documents in IE.

Re: Acrobat will not open pdf documents in IE

When you install Acrobat Reader, it installs a BHO (Browser Helper Object) which it uses to detect when a PDF is being accessed across HTTP. Open Adobe Acrobat Reader and click Edit, Preferences. Choose Internet in the Preferences window. Uncheck Display PDF in browser option and close the dialog. Repeat the same and this time, enable the Display PDF in browser option.

If Acrobat will not open pdf documents in IE then you need to set the default web browser to be Internet Explorer. In windows : Start -> set program access and defaults > customer > set the default browser to be IE. The latest version of Acrobat or Adobe Reader may be more compatible with the operating system and drivers. Before you install an update or upgrade, make sure that the system meets the requirements.

You need to check the file associations in your browser settings. Try this also : Close all browsers and acrobat windows. Start Acrobat or Acrobat Reader > Choose Edit / Preferences / General > In the Options section, select Display PDF in Browser > Click OK, and then exit from Acrobat or Acrobat Reader > Restart Internet Explorer. To open PDF files in a browser window, the ActiveX folder must contain the following files: AcroPDF.dll, AcroIEHelper.dll, and pdfshell.dll.