Thread: Double-clicking on a .doc file crashes Word 2010

Double-clicking on a .doc file crashes Word 2010

I have recently installed Office 2010 on my system having Windows 7 as its OS. Now when I open some .doc file from the Start Menu >>Office 2010 >>Open, it gets opened properly. But when I double click on that existing files directly from the drive where I stored that particular files from explorer Word 2010 does not start. There is an error message displayed on the screen that "Microsoft Word has stopped working". Anyone can tell what's wrong with Office 2010?.!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

Re: Double-clicking on a .doc file crashes Word 2010

You can do this as a trial purpose. Start your Microsoft Word in safe mode by holding the CTRL key. Once you go in safe mode check that if any add-in are installed.!! Many times add-ins causes applications like Word to halt and generates an error. So removing that add-in will solve your error. OR else your Office files might have corrupted, repairing that files will fix up the issue.
    Hope this will help you..

If you are able to open by going to Start Menu >>Office 2010 >>Open. Then there must be some issue of the virus infection. Try to scan the drive where you have stored that particular file, which is not opening on double-click. I am sure that there is some virus that is causing the problem. Make sure that you are using updated anti virus. After scanning reboot your machine and then check whether it is starting by double click. I am sure this will help you..

Microsoft Office 2010 supports the doc, .docx, .dot and .dotx files. So I am sure that there is some error in your Office 2010. First remove it completely by going in Control Panel and Using Add/ Remove Feature. Once you are completed with removing install it again. This can sort out your issue. I think you might have not installed now properly. Also run anti virus and check whether you are having any bug in your system.

smile Re: Double-clicking on a .doc file crashes Word 2010

disable com ins "send to Bluetooth". et voila its work for me