Thread: Will Speech Recognition Engine work on Windows 7 32bit programs

Will Speech Recognition Engine work on Windows 7 32bit programs

I would like to know that will Speech Recognition Engine work on Windows 7 32bit programs. Just few days back i had purchased a module for my Softplan CAD Type Program that allows me to speak commands to it. Recently i'm running Windows XP Pro x64bit and the SAPI5 speech engine will not recognize the x64bit operating system. So, can any one tell me that will Speech Recognition Engine work on Windows 7 32bit programs? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above topic. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Will Speech Recognition Engine work on Windows 7 32bit programs

Windows 7 is the easiest, fastest, and most engaging version of Windows yet. The official description of the tool says: “The Windows Speech Recognition Profile tool or WSR Profile tool for short enables a Windows Speech Recognition user to easily back up and restore his or her speech profile. Better ways to find and manage files, like Jump Lists and improved taskbar previews, help you speed through everyday tasks.

Yes, windows 7 has its build-in Speech Recognition Engine. However, as for as I know it will only work on basic system actions, like "Start", "Notepad" etc. The Windows Speech Recognition Profile Tool, which allows the user to backup and restore speech profiles, has reached a new milestone in its development process: the CTP (Community Technical Preview) has been released onto the web and is available for download at Microsoft’s Download Center. The tool, Microsoft informs, is designed to work with the next iteration of the Windows-based OS, mainly Windows 7, but will work with Microsoft’s current operating system, Windows Vista.

Your Softplan CAD program seems more complex. You can download the Windows 7 Enterprise 90-day Trial choose 64 bit version to test it. The program of DriverPacks makes it possible to establish automatically driver to the majority of devices for several cries. Also try the windows xp mode from windows 7 64 bit to check the result. If it doesn't currently work with XP 64bit, then I don't think its going to work in Windows 7 64bit even if you use XP compatibility mode.