Thread: Display Empty Removable Drives and AppLocker in Windows 7

Display Empty Removable Drives and AppLocker in Windows 7

I have just installed Windows 7 operating system on my desktop. I am using AMD Phenom 9650 procoessor which is supported on a a Gigabyte motherboard. My computer has a RAM memory of 2.5 GB along with the hard drive support of 300GB. Earlies I used Windows XP, but Windows 7 is awesome. I want know about the Display Empty Removable Drives and AppLocker tips in Windows 7

Re: Display Empty Removable Drives and AppLocker in Windows 7

In case you connect an empty drive to your desktop which has been loaded with Windows 7 then the driver will not not detected. This is due to the default settings. But you can fix this easily. Open the computer icon or the My computer and the Select the Tools menu, Select Folder Options beneath, Now go to View ans in front of Hide empty drives in the computer folder make an un-check.

To restrict any unwanted or illegal visit to your files and documents you may make use of the AppLocker tool. Thus you can easily set the rules for accessing your desktop files. For this you need to type Gpedit.msc after entering tho Windows key. Next proceed to Computer Navigation and select Windows Settings. In that select Security Settings. Now select Application Control Policies and then finally choose AppLocker. Right on any one of the following option: Executables, Installers, or Script, for creating new rules.

Hey thanks a lot guys. I was not aware that the AppLocker tool is suck important to me. I am not aware of many features of Windows 7. This AppLocker tool has helped me to secure my data. But I have to say that Windows 7 is the Best operating system by Microsoft so far. The graphical presentation is the best in Windows 7 Operating system.
    Last edited by Juan-Carlos; 03-12-2009 at 12:58 AM.