Thread: Configuring Audio Codec in Windows 7

Configuring Audio Codec in Windows 7

Finish installing windows 7. I copied some music files in it. While playing it is showing up that Windows media player does not has the information about the format. I tried to play in a different player it works. I think there is a need of any codec tool which can make all types of audio and video files readable. Installing is not important, how to configure it.

Re: Configuring Audio Codec in Windows 7

Every day there are more formats of video codecs on the market and play them all can become an inferno. Luckily there are code packs or codec packs that are a set of programs for playing at all (or almost) video format and audio that goes around the world. You can simply download and install K-Lite Codec pack.

For Windows 7 you have to use exclusive pack of codecs with much originality called Windows 7 codecs. Obviously not the only pack that runs on Windows Seven, however most of those that run in previous versions as K-lite and others work perfectly in the latest Windows. It is my duty to recommend the use of programs that bring codecs included as KM Player or VLC, but if any of you want to install codecs in Windows 7 then might there some program will not work.

You can download a codec pack for Windows 7 or use VLC media player. It is a open source freeware application which can read almost anything. Then run the setup which is quiet easy. This programs are pre-configured and you does not have to change any settings. By default it reads all the audio formats and video formats. Some options are not suitable for beginners because they require advanced technical knowledge about video codecs.