Thread: Windows media player shown as classic version

Windows media player shown as classic version

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1 along with Windows Media Player 10 on my system. Now the problem is that when i try to view embedded wmv videos, the 'skin' automatically changes to classic version. I had even preferred the functionality of the new one and had even tried the Windows Media Player 9 registry fix, but couldn't resolve the above issue. Can any one tell me that why does my Windows media player showing up as classic version? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Windows media player shown as classic version

It appears the vulnerability actually affects the 3ivx MP4 codec, which is not installed by default on a Windows system. Some other applications may also use this codec and could also be affected. Make sure that a sound device is installed on your computer; if one isn't, just install one. In most cases, Windows will automatically detect the new hardware and install the necessary software drivers.

Mplayer2 is an extremely useful tool to use in troubleshooting almost all types of Windows Media Player issues. The Player may be using a version of Microsoft DirectX that is incompatible with the hardware features on your sound device. If the same symptoms are experienced with Mplayer2 as well as Windows Media Player for Windows XP, it is not a Media Player issue,most likely it is a problem with the content or a driver issue on the system.

The software drivers for your sound device may be missing or corrupted. Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation. Try reinstalling the most recent software drivers for your sound device by scanning for updates on the Windows Update Web site or by going to your sound device manufacturer's Web site.

Window Media Player Classic is an enhanced version of Windows Media Player 6.4. In order to resolve your above issue, you need to check out the following link. It will help you to get rid of your above issue. This error is usually given when Windows Media Player cannot recognize the file you're attempting to play, the file may require a playback splitter/filter and/or codec.