Thread: Temp Folder Problems

Temp Folder Problems

Hi, not sure if this is the right thread to post in but earlier today I cleaned out my temp folder and now I'm having trouble downloading pdf files and firefox add-ons, my browsing history isn't saving (and there are a handful of sites that I visited when searching for clearing temporary files that won't delete) and there are no doubt a couple of other things that are no longer working that I haven't found out about yet.
    I've also tried to restore the 'Low' folder and it doesn't work, and I've tried putting some files back in the folder but get this message: "C:\Users\Claire\AppData\Local\Temp could not be saved, because you cannot change the contents of that folder."
    Any ideas on how I can fix this...?

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by Saket; 30-11-2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: External link removed

Re: Temp Folder Problems

In brief give answer to a simple question?

What is the error you are getting while downloading the pdf files , if possible just post a picture of that error......

I don't get an error message when trying to open pdfs, either the page just freezes or if i try to open in a new tab the page in the new tab is just white with 'Done' in the bottom left.
    I also get the error message I included in my first post when trying to download .ppt I have discovered.

Is this the only problem of Firefox or this happens to other browsers also such as Internet Explorer, Opera etc? Did you tried to repair or reinstall Firefox? Also can you provide us the detail of which Firefox add on are you talking about which is creating you the trouble?

Please don't get frustrated, just one more and last question - what is the size of attachment you are downloading and what is your current internet speed?

one suggestion - just try downloading the same file on some other computer and please reply with the results and internet speed of your computer and the other computer...

The files downloaded fine to other computers on the same internet connection. The same problem happned with IE too so it's not a problem with firefox.
    My internet speed is 54Mbps, the files i've tried to open vary in size.
    Someone on another forum says there not sure what the problem could be and has said if I'm really at a loss to just restore factory settings. My external hard drive is big enough to fit all my files on so it wouldn't be the end of the world but of course reinstalling everything would be a bit of a hassle so would be good if I could get it fixed!
    Thanks for the help so far though