Thread: Pixel aspect ratio for Sony ClearVid CMOS sensor

Pixel aspect ratio for Sony ClearVid CMOS sensor

I have a HDR-HC7 HD camcorder, in which i always use a ClearVid CMOS processor. Now my pixels are rotated by 45 degrees. I was thinking if this would be taken in to consideration, then what would be the selected pixel aspect ratio for Sony ClearVid CMOS sensor? I'm not sure what pixel aspect ratio to be selected. Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Pixel aspect ratio for Sony ClearVid CMOS sensor

The VDub is suggested only for those who have a source file that has letterboxing. Most DivX and XviD files have all letter boxing removed. It depends on the specific film format if multiple aspect ratios share the same width but vary by height, or share the same height and vary by width, or share neither and overlay in a cross-pattern.

All resolutions are reported with WIDTH first, and then HEIGHT, so a resolution of 640x272 = Width(640) x Height(272). Install clipmate, open the old project. Highlight everything in your timeline and copy. Open a new project (set your aspect ratio first), then you can paste into the new project. You may still have to adjust all your images to fit the new screensize.

The pixel aspect ratio defines the the dimensions of the pixels that make up your video. Check out your User's Manual from cover to cover. Additionally, check out the Sony web site for tips. More accurately, it describes the width to height ratio of the pixels in your video. If you are at a block point, no harm in calling Sony Technical to get you pass the block since they are the experts for specific models. Also, a lot of times I pick up ideas from web sites with User Reviews for a specific model. Note that not all Pixel Aspect Ratio's are 1:1 (i.e. some pixels may be wider than they are tall or taller than they are wide). When you see a movie at the theater that is displayed in a 2.35 aspect ratio, it simply means the movie is 2.35 times wider than it is tall.